8.0.2 Every team rejecting your approach issue

I've downloaded the "final" patch, and went on trying it...

Started a game, unemployed, as always, and went on holiday tickying the correct options in order to approach for a club's job, and return from holidays when approached...

Result, every team, and i mean every team, rejected my approach...

I've started the game with every single league!

With 8.0.1 any team from the third's divisions was keen on accepting my approaches.

Anyone has tried this? do you think it might be a bug?

I've downloaded the "final" patch, and went on trying it...

Started a game, unemployed, as always, and went on holiday tickying the correct options in order to approach for a club's job, and return from holidays when approached...

Result, every team, and i mean every team, rejected my approach...

I've started the game with every single league!

With 8.0.1 any team from the third's divisions was keen on accepting my approaches.

Anyone has tried this? do you think it might be a bug?

I'm Portuguese, and as i said before i've selected all the leagues!

And just for comparison, on 8.0.1, even third division teams from brazil accepted my offer as an unknown manager...

This is not happening on this patch...

i've uninstalled the game, i will try to install it again... but it's very strange...

yeah it's a way to go around it... i just hope that the players who like to grow on reputation to try and manage big teams, won't get this issue too.. or else, you'll be stuck with same team for life!!!!!

SI you should really look into this!

Yes I had this discussion with one of the SI team about a previous persion of FM once. I pointed out that it's a game first and a simulation second. There's no point the game letting you start as an unemployed unknown if you can't get a job. I didn't think this was an issue with FM08 but may be it is.

So a full reinstall worked, Jose?

Because I just posted this exact issue in the feedback thread(didn't see this one till now). I can't get a job anywhere. I've been rejected by every single team I've applied to(all in the BSN, BSS, and Regionaliiga Sud). icon13.gif

i started a new game unemployed with every european league running. couldn't get a job anywhere first time round, so i restarted with professional footballer as past experience and coventry offered me job! Rejected them and joined Sliven 2000 in the bulgarian eastern b group instead, much more interesting!

My latest test results:

Worldwide Soccer Manager v8.0.2 (PC, Boxed) | Database v8.0.0

Manager set-up:

Nationalities: American | Experience: Automatic | Team: Unemployed | Favourite team: Liverpool

Application results, since January 2007(USA) game start date:

Oggersheim - Regionalliga Sud - Applied - Rejected

Iraklis - Super Liga Greece - Applied - Rejected

Braintree - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected

Ingolstadt - Regionalliga Sud - Applied - Rejected

Kalamata - Beta Ethniki Kategoria - Applied - Rejected

Bromley - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected (Accepted in 2007 7.0.2)

Wehen - 3. Bundesliga - Applied - Rejected

Aindling - Regionalliga Sud - Applied - Rejected

Bad Vilbel - Regionalliga Nord - Applied - Rejected

Bayreuth - Regionalliga Nord - Applied - Rejected

BFC Turkiyemspor - Regionalliga Nord - Applied - Rejected

Eschborn - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Gutersloh - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Herne - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Lotte - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Memmingen - Regionalliga Sud - Applied - Rejected

Uerdingen - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Velbert - Regional Division West - Applied - Rejected

Finn Harps - Irish First Division - Applied - Rejected

Ebbsfleet - Blue Square Premier - Applied - Rejected

Kettering - Blue Square Premier - Applied - Silently Rejected

Barrow - Blue Square North - Applied - Rejected

Cambridge City - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected (Accepted in 8.0.1)

Eastleigh - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected

Fisher - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected

Gainsborough - Blue Square North - Applied - Rejected

Welling - Blue Square South - Applied - Rejected

Workington - Blue Square North - Applied - Rejected

New York - MLS - Applied - Rejected

Blackburn Rovers (RSA) - Golden League - Applied - Accepted(Agreed by me)

Louisvale Pirates - Golden League - Applied - *Auto rejected by acceptance of Blackburn job*

Now, it's very clear by the above results that something has changed big time since 8.0.1. Never have I had that much trouble getting a job with my own realistic manager settings.

Second: It's a relief to see that I at least got a job somewhere after almost two years, and that it's not actually impossible like I previously perceived. It's also nice that they have tried to make it harder to get jobs, because I'll admit that I thought I was getting by a little too easily in previous versions as an unknown American manager. ***However, I think these results still show that the difficulty/realism may have been taken too far. No way should we be absolutely confined to third-world/unknown countries when starting a career game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Possibly related to your nationality being American, shouldn't be that hard though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that was my final assumption - my nationality in conjunction with the unknown rep.

Though, I'm hoping that's not fully the case. Because that would mean that American managers have no real choice in which way they want to play the game. The only "home" league we have(MLS) is too high of a league to be accepting low-rep managers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, i went away for some time...

It seems that 8.0.2 patch has messed up something related to your reputation.

It's clear to me that pre-patch teams are much more keen on accepting your approach than post ones... (for the same conditions)

Why SI makes possible for you to choose starting a game unemployed with no rep, if no team will offer you work???

Strange is SI not saying anything about this... We only need someone to clarify this NEW thing...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why SI makes possible for you to choose starting a game unemployed with no rep, if no team will offer you work??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still possible to get jobs(see my small test result a few posts up). It's just that we now have to aim much, much, much lower than before... and then even lower if you're applying as a foreigner.

It'd still be nice to hear something from SI on this, rather than leaving us all in the dark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

Don't you understand it's because of your tactics ? (best excuse on the forum when you don't know how it really works)... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you should read posts above first! how come it's our tactics if i'm starting a NEW GAME UNEMPLOYED????

B. Stinson - I would agree, but i've tested before and after the patch...

I'm Portuguese and even waiting one full season, so i could apply for the recently promoted teams of the portuguese lowest league (second division teams - the lowest teams you can manage, with all portuguese leagues selected), and no team accepted my offer

Ive had the same problem with the new patch.

I started Everton Bloke Round the World challenge and it is extremely hard to get a job, I holidayed for 2 years and didnt get a job.

I even tried with 3 different nationalities

Brazilian, Argentinian and Mexican with Automatic experience didnt get offered a job in Brazilian Third Div, Argentinian Second Div or Mexican First Div. Newgen managers were getting the job over me.

Only job I got was the Blackburn Rovers from South Africa.

After reading the challenge thread a lot of people got jobs with Brazilian Third Division sides with previous patches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">B. Stinson - I would agree, but i've tested before and after the patch...

I'm Portuguese and even waiting one full season, so i could apply for the recently promoted teams of the portuguese lowest league (second division teams - the lowest teams you can manage, with all portuguese leagues selected), and no team accepted my offer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I honestly feel every bit of your pain, since I'm going through the same thing. But like I said in my last post - you have to aim very low now if you want to get hired. And by that I mean you have to look to the lowest leagues in the unconventional football countries. So far, I've been accepted by Blackburn Rovers in the South African Golden League(my test for my above post), and by Rynninge of the Division 2 Sweden(my current career game).

So, I think that as unknown and unemployed managers, we can forget about starting in any league in countries like England, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Italy, France, etc., etc... and instead, settle for low leagues in places like Asia, South Africa, Scandinavia, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

I know. I honestly feel every bit of your pain, since I'm going through the same thing. But like I said in my last post - you have to aim very low now if you want to get hired. And by that I mean you have to look to the lowest leagues in the unconventional football countries. So far, I've been accepted by Blackburn Rovers in the South African Golden League(my test for my above post), and by Rynninge of the Division 2 Sweden(my current career game).

So, I think that as unknown and unemployed managers, we can forget about starting in any league in countries like England, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Italy, France, etc., etc... and instead, settle for low leagues in places like Asia, South Africa, Scandinavia, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, my friend, you're right! It seems now it's really difficult for a unknown manager to get a job... but at least it seems that if you manage to raise your rep, you can be offered a job by bigger teams!

But what if you start a game with just one league? for example English Premiership? Are you going to be unemployed for life????

SWEENEY-G - My advice to you, and i say this because of the tests i've been doing, is to choose your past experience according to your league choices. For example, If you choose, as i said above, to start a game with just English Premierleague, I think the only way, if you start unemployed, you'll ever be offered a job, is if your reputation is at least, former professional football player!! (in this particular case, you should aim for former International football Player, as Premierleague teams are very attractive for any manager around the world, and even former professional player may be not enough with this patch!!!).

If you choose starting a game with all leagues playable (it's really slow, but comes with amazing sense of reality!), you may choose to be an unemployed, unknown manager, and expect to be offered a job (remember to go on holiday and tick the first two options!), by a really bad team, and grow your reputation from there! (my favourite type of game!)

Archived