I do not understand how to install this game!!

Start > All Programs > Steam > Football Manager 2009

No that does not work for me.

I go- Start > All Programs > Steam> and then I can only select Steam support centre or "steam"

I have also tried going on to this stupid steam thing and double clicked on FM 2009 and a box comes up saying

"preparing to launch but nothing happens

I bought this for enjoyment but I'm very close to chucking my computer out of the window and sending this game to SI. Why can't they make it as easy to install as always? I mean whats this steam thing about??

No that does not work for me.

I go- Start > All Programs > Steam> and then I can only select Steam support centre or "steam"

I have also tried going on to this stupid steam thing and double clicked on FM 2009 and a box comes up saying

"preparing to launch but nothing happens

I bought this for enjoyment but I'm very close to chucking my computer out of the window and sending this game to SI. Why can't they make it as easy to install as always? I mean whats this steam thing about??

In this case, you'll want to choose "Steam".

Steam should load up and you'll see it in the "My games" tab where you can launch it.

If you right-click on "Football Manager 2009" from there you can also select 'Create desktop shortcut".

Alternatively you can manually browse to the FM executable file which lives here:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/fm.exe

Rather than "Its a joke!!" try posting something more useful about the problem so we can help, we're taking time out to help you here and less ranting would be appreciated.

Did you try going to the .exe file as suggested above?

What does it say if you try to launch the game through the steam program itself?

I am having the same problem. Neil everything you said won't work for me. I can't launch from Steam, and the same pop up comes up with I click on the created desktop logo on my desktop, it says this game is currently unavailable. And if I try to do it manually I can only get up to Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009, there is no fm.exe, or wsm.exe.

I have now uninstalled everything to do with FM2009 including steam.

I installed the game again but instead used the other option (not steam), Unicon or something.

The game installed but when i clicked on Football Manager icon an error message cam up. So once again I cannot play FM 2009!!!!!!!!!

Archived