some of these moans are ridiculous!

Seriously people, if a striker misses a chance, a defender heads it past his own keeper, a new signing gets injured, a club asks for a different price for a player than IRL, a club has a couple of million less in the bank than you think they should, a club buys a player that 'would never happen in real life', you lose to a crap club in the cup, you concede three penalties in one game, you get three players sent off in one game, another character in the game repeats something that has been said previously etc etc etc it is a football management sim game, IT IS NOT A DOCUMENTARY!

Obviously the game won't replicate real life perfectly as it is not possible to. Just use your imagination on some issues and ignore the odd moment of madness. It could be worse, the game could not exist at all.....

Every year I complain that this game lacks breasts but now with female managers....

Haha if we were allowed sigs, you would have made it onto mine!

I have to agree with the OP actually, everyone has a right to moan, but at least make it about something that is genuinely out of place.

"Juventus wont accept my bid for Buffon and set an asking price of £115m, they would accept this in real life!!!" I mean come on, nobody would even bid for him in real life!

i agree 100%. this is a game and in my opinion a great game. not real life a game. it allows me to unwind for a couple of hours after work each night in my own little world.

Good point well made. I think 09 is an improvement on the previous version and still a world class game. Though I don't find it relaxing. I sit on the edge of my seat during some matches.

Alright how about the fact that I played a full season yesterday running 46 leagues to find out that on the 24th July 09, the game will crash and you can't advance thanks to a bug to serie c.

In fairness, I don't think the OP was commenting on serious game ending issues like this. If you moan about this you are not being pedantic, but some of the threads really are.

A good idea is to play a league you are not used to, say Italy Spain, etc, rather than England. This way if team X loses to team Y, or certain teams sign certain players, you won't get annoyed because you're not sure whether that's likely to happen IRL or not.

The same way, once you're 7 years into the future, half the players are regens so anything can 'realistically' happen and you can stop complaining :)

Seriously people, if a striker misses a chance, a defender heads it past his own keeper, a new signing gets injured, a club asks for a different price for a player than IRL, a club has a couple of million less in the bank than you think they should, a club buys a player that 'would never happen in real life', you lose to a crap club in the cup, you concede three penalties in one game, you get three players sent off in one game, another character in the game repeats something that has been said previously etc etc etc it is a football management sim game, IT IS NOT A DOCUMENTARY!

Obviously the game won't replicate real life perfectly as it is not possible to. Just use your imagination on some issues and ignore the odd moment of madness. It could be worse, the game could not exist at all.....

Imagination? Who the hell uses that anymore? It's like the mind's version of the gall bladder.

Archived