Got it working but so so dissapointed.

Got this game working after a fiasco. But to be honest i wish that i had never bothered. What have they done to our beloved FM?!

First of all it is so slow, i reckon my nan could overtake it. Loading....clicking between screens....the matches! The 3D match engine is very poor (very jerky and not smooth), and so you are forced to use the good ol' 2D version. Which is nowhere near as good as the 2D version from years gone by (FM08 was spot on). Press conferences are a waste of time which the AM can deal with if he wishes. I am seriously thinking about tucking this disater in a drawer and forgetting all about it. After having waited the best part of half a year for this I can say that I have never been so dissapointed in my life.

*remember guys....just an opinion*

Peace.

Again, these types of issues are more to do with your computers specs, rather than how poorly you think SI made a game.

And if I'm not too wrong, isn't there a place to praise, and critisize the game already? (Helps reduce the many topics popping up about how disappointed people are)

Interesting, when I get this ****ing SDK thing installed I'll check it out. It's well annoying, I installed the game earlier, it autostarted and worked fine. I close it and when I re-open it I get some graphics setting rubbish. This better be the end of it. It's taken forever.

Reckon I need to have a computer the size of NASA's for this bloody game to work.

No you don't - and as I've seen in your other thread, you have a good 60 processes running, which is enough to slow most computers down!

so how do i update my graphics drivers.

Go to Start - Run - type dxdiag - then go to the display tab and see what graphics card you have. Then go to the website of the graphics card manufacturer and download their latest driver. :thup:

Got this game working after a fiasco. But to be honest i wish that i had never bothered. What have they done to our beloved FM?!

First of all it is so slow, i reckon my nan could overtake it. Loading....clicking between screens....the matches! The 3D match engine is very poor (very jerky and not smooth), and so you are forced to use the good ol' 2D version. Which is nowhere near as good as the 2D version from years gone by (FM08 was spot on). Press conferences are a waste of time which the AM can deal with if he wishes. I am seriously thinking about tucking this disater in a drawer and forgetting all about it. After having waited the best part of half a year for this I can say that I have never been so dissapointed in my life.

*remember guys....just an opinion*

Peace.

Firstly I am just trying to help so no negative feedback please,

1) Have you checked the min specs to run game or specs at all, remember this is a very new game and like all games the requirements are becoming more demanding on PC's.

2) If your PC meets the specs req, have you updated all your drivers as this always helps.

3) Are you running to many leagues, even with my high end PC, I only ever run English with the 6 tables ie conf/north/south through to premiership. Try cutting down on selection.

4) Database, if you have chosen huge/large, try smaller choices.

5) Prior to playing game, turn off all programs you don't need running, you will be surprised how much mem some programs take.

6) Update your windows.

7) Update your Direct X.

8) Check how much disk space you have on C: if not much left, try uninstalling some programs you don't use/play anymore.

I know all this stuff seems obvious but you would be surprised (I hope I am spelling that correct, early here) how trying the above suggestions WILL help.

If it has been awhile since you bought your last PC, remember this is a new game, if you have enjoyed the FM games as much as others, is it worth upgrading? (remember just a suggestion).

Well as I said, it is early here, so of to have another cup of coffee, before getting ready to work, I hope some of these suggestions work for you.

Cheers

Archived