Here's an idea for SI

I can not believe how riddled with bugs this game is!

Everytime I go to matchday the game freezes at some point, as soon as I click on anything else on the side bar it freezes.

I don't want 3D match engine, so I turn it off, what happens when I go to match engine - it freezes.

I turn it back on, and when I get to matchday I try to switch to 2D view, what happens - it freezes.

And now the game stops working as soon as I click CONTINUE to matchday!

I havn't been able to get through a single match yet, I just can't believe it!

Here's an idea for SI:

Instead of releasing a new game every year, why not just release an update, that we purchase each year? Or two updates, one after the Jan market and one after the new season kicks-off?

It makes so much more sense, then going through this every single year. And think how much more happy we fans will be, knowing we can continue playing an updated game.

Yes, I've downloaded the latest patch before I started playing the game.

And, my idead doesn't already exist, coz they don't release patches for old games, they release new games. I'd much rather pay for an updated patch for fm2008.

I've got an idea for SI too!

How about instead of putting all this new 3D $**t into the game, just keep it simple 2D like it was before! nobody had no problems with 2D before...the only thing which is the problem is this crap new 3D stuff which has only caused problems...I CANT EVEN GET TO A GAME WITHOUT THE $**T FREEZING AND HAVING TO RESTART MY COMPUTER!

And yet all I am getting is the same crap...'you need to change to windowed/try downloading the patch'...how about you get your $**t right before you bring the game out then there will be no need for the 'MIRACLE PATCHES'!!!

I'll download this so called v9.0.1 patch tomorrow and you better hope it does something otherwise this game is going back to the store...

WASTE OF A WEEKEND TRYING TO FIX F**KING EVERYTHING!!!

F**K THIS STEAM CRAP TO...IT IS $**TING ME!!!

Calm down!

3D is brilliant, and if you try to play unpatched, you're obviously going to experience problems that people with the patch don't

3D has never frozen for me, and i see no reason why it should do this once you've patched up.

If you want to see the game perfect before patches, then it'll end up getting released in april, like CM, when the season is almost over. Pointless.

Calm down!

3D is brilliant, and if you try to play unpatched, you're obviously going to experience problems that people with the patch don't

3D has never frozen for me, and i see no reason why it should do this once you've patched up.

If you want to see the game perfect before patches, then it'll end up getting released in april, like CM, when the season is almost over. Pointless.

Yeah, all the thousands of people who are having problems are lying because, as you say, it works for you so no reason why it doesn't work for anyone else. :rolleyes:

Right, that's it!!!

I've just uninstalled the bloody thing, downloaded the patch again and re-installed it, it still does not work. Once it gets to matchday it crashes and returns me back to the desktop. If I click on the game to start it up again, it comes up with an error message saying it's already playing.

I've had it with this bloody game, if it works for you - GREAT! But, just coz it works for you it doesn't mean it works for everyone, you are not everyone no matter how much you're ego thinks you are!

This is going back to ASDA tomorrow and I'm getting my £29.31 back!

NO!

NO MORE TROBLESHOOTING!

Almost 65 hours of troubleshooting is more then enough for one weekend, and frankly defying the object of the game which is to play it.

The fact that SI are working on more patches is proof, that this has been nothing short of a disaster!

Once the new patches have been released and the forums are not littered with reports of bugs and crashes, I might consider buying the game, but I've got to say the fun has been taken out of it!

There are plenty of updated databases knocking around for FM08 if that's all you're interested in.

Are you seriously suggesting that they don't attempt to improve the game year on year?

Are you sure your PC meets the minimum requirements to play FM09?

I'm not suggesting they don't make improvements, but these could be included in a patch and we can buy the patch instead, where we could also have the option for what we want to include in our games. So, for those who don't want the 3D match ingine, don't have to have it.

And there is nothing wrong with my laptop:

Intel Centrino 2 P8600 2.4GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia 9300 GS

That's more than capable of playing the game

And DJ, if you were somewhere else on release day, the game was released on Friday, November 14th. By the end of today it would be 72 hours for those who continue troubleshooting!

miles was on the forums personally yesterday saying there had been a lot of problems. i had a good few hours problems before i got it working o.k and i think the people that haven't had any are in the minority. its a surprise that they let/didn't know the game was so flawed.

Understand your frustration, but your suggestion is pretty much what happens now anyway. If they released updates at the end of the transfer windows as you suggest these would still have to contain new or updated features and there would still be a chance of bugs being introduced. The sales of a simple data update alone would not be sufficient to support the game in the long run so that is just not commercially viable.

That does not and can not justify the sale of a faulty game.

It's not faulty as such, it's only faulty in certain circumstances. To find what those circumstances are, one needs to troubleshoot. You don't want to troubleshoot.

Fine. Bring it back, bin it, whatever.

But quit crying like a little girl here. Throwing a tantrum isn't helping you and is just cluttering the place and annoying for people who DO come here to be helped.

miles was on the forums personally yesterday saying there had been a lot of problems. i had a good few hours problems before i got it working o.k and i think the people that haven't had any are in the minority. its a surprise that they let/didn't know the game was so flawed.

On what do you base that thought?

I've got an idea for SI too!

How about instead of putting all this new 3D $**t into the game, just keep it simple 2D like it was before! nobody had no problems with 2D before...the only thing which is the problem is this crap new 3D stuff which has only caused problems...I CANT EVEN GET TO A GAME WITHOUT THE $**T FREEZING AND HAVING TO RESTART MY COMPUTER!

And yet all I am getting is the same crap...'you need to change to windowed/try downloading the patch'...how about you get your $**t right before you bring the game out then there will be no need for the 'MIRACLE PATCHES'!!!

I'll download this so called v9.0.1 patch tomorrow and you better hope it does something otherwise this game is going back to the store...

WASTE OF A WEEKEND TRYING TO FIX F**KING EVERYTHING!!!

F**K THIS STEAM CRAP TO...IT IS $**TING ME!!!

:D :D :D

God I love the internet.

Archived