Anyone else not buying the latest game?

DrP

Hi,

I can't believe it's just me, but what with loads of people reporting problems with injuries and then all this stuff about activation issues. I thought it was a great idea not to have to insert the DVD every time I play the game, but why all this hassle?

Anyway, I've uninstalled the demo and started playing FM2008 again. Now, I'm thinking: "Why bother upgrading? There's not that much difference."

Is anyone else deciding not to bother? I'm not slagging off SI, by the way, and would rather keep this thread clean. I'm just not going to spend money on what appears to be a flawed product.

Thanks,

Clive

Why did you initially buy fm08 was that ur first copy? if not isnt it just a update to? FM09 IMO is the best FM ive playd to date minus the 2d which is poor in this version imo , but the whole interface and playability of the game defeats that

I'm honestly thinking that when you play the two games next to each other, it's not worth £30! The major differences seem to be tactics (nice), the 3D engine (alright, but I found myself using the 2D one anyway in the demo) and the media (not that important really).

I'm honestly thinking that when you play the two games next to each other, it's not worth £30!

Why isn't it? People pay £40 for games which last 8 hours and have no replay value, yet so many come on here complaining that paying £30 is too much for a game that lasts most people at least dozens of hours

I'll pay £30 when I know it's going to work properly. Granted, it's an update and for many people that might make it worth the money. Me, however, I don't play with the larger teams (always start unemployed) so the latest players aren't a necessity for me, as I never heard of most of them anyway. Personal preference, I suppose. And I wouldn't pay £40 for a game lasting 8hrs... not even with your money!

I won't be buying it. I still haven't even been able to play the sodding demo to see if it's worth buying, never mind the full thing.

Instead, I've just edited the FM08 database for the current Forest squad and changed current ability for some players slightly since it's a year on.

Why isn't it? People pay £40 for games which last 8 hours and have no replay value, yet so many come on here complaining that paying £30 is too much for a game that lasts most people at least dozens of hours

It's a good point. In terms of playability, I played Call of Duty 4 and it was over in shockingly quick time! As I've little or no interest in playing multiplayer, or over the Internet, it was poor value. At least with FM you play for hours on end.

A couple of my mates only buy every other FM, though. If you don't like the demo/features enough to buy a new game, you can always do that. :thup:

I agree totally. I don't play many other games apart from FM but I did buy Company of Heroes earlier this year and that cost me £30. I completed it in less than a month and thats not playing anywhere near as often as I do with FM. Yes, I can restart it but there is very little differences you can make to still suceed. With FM though, with one game save you could play for weeks / months or if you wanted to restart you can with a completly different team from a different league or country. The options are endless.

With regard to those saying its ''just an update'' what about things like The Sims and its add ons ... they are just new features but each time you have to pay for them. FM 2009 has over 80 new features ...imagine how much that would be if you had to pay separate

I agree totally. I don't play many other games apart from FM but I did buy Company of Heroes earlier this year and that cost me £30. I completed it in less than a month and thats not playing anywhere near as often as I do with FM. Yes, I can restart it but there is very little differences you can make to still suceed. With FM though, with one game save you could play for weeks / months or if you wanted to restart you can with a completly different team from a different league or country. The options are endless.

It's a bit off-topic but I'm playing COmpany of Heroes for more than a year and I know people who play it since the release of the original games a few years ago. This game is absolutely great in online play.

Archived