Does anyone do this?

I was wondering the different ways people generate transfer money.

What I do is sign players on a Bosman in January.

When they sign in July, I sell them on.

I usually sign about 4/5 players, and make quite a load of cash!

Anyone else do this?

Is this cheating? icon_biggrin.gif

I was wondering the different ways people generate transfer money.

What I do is sign players on a Bosman in January.

When they sign in July, I sell them on.

I usually sign about 4/5 players, and make quite a load of cash!

Anyone else do this?

Is this cheating? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

How is it lame? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...how is it not lame?

...You're signing players simply for the sake of selling them. If you weren't playing against a computer, you'd never get away with that. Nor would it even be worth your while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

How much do you make from the Barca B team friendlies?

I'm curious! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

around 200k US per game (with first team), 140k US per game (reserves). Those are estimates though.

I usually just get greedy with my bosman signings and accidentally sign too many players and then need to sell some of them.

I don't intend that to happen, but there just is too many cool players available for free. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rancer890:

well, you are just signing players just to sell them...you do know that you can arrange home friendlies with the Barcelona B team to make money. And remember, it's not cheating if everyone else is doing it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not rape if everyone else does it.. Doesnt work really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

How is it lame? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...how is it not lame?

...You're signing players simply for the sake of selling them. If you weren't playing against a computer, you'd never get away with that. Nor would it even be worth your while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is 40million pounds for spending not worth my while? for 10 minutes work?

I've done this in the past...signed players I knew full well I didn't want/need, just because I knew they'd still be wanted by other clubs, and their asking price would be decent.

It's not cheating at all...BUT, in real life, there would be more repercussions for your actions. Players may have cause to sue you for using them for a transfer fee, or it could backfire and they refuse to leave, continuing to take your nice wage packet.

Or clubs would be wise to it, and refuse to offer much money at all. So you either have to keep them, or sell off for very little. Sure, you make money you never had, but it wouldn't work as you wanted, and you'd maybe struggle to sign players in future when word got out.

I used to do this alot but since selling players became more difficult I don't do it so much. I still trawl the lists and see if lots of other clubs are interested in a player and if he may just be good enough to get a game I sign him.

My prefered free transfer cheat is now to target wonderkids in last year of contract.

I praise the hell out of them 'till they have me as prefered personnel and then put in dedrisory bids that are sure to get rejected.

This upsets/unsettles said player and he won't sign a new deal at his current club (hopefully).

On 31st of dec. his contract becomes unprotected so I offer him a contract and hey presto! I get free wonderkids.

Only works if said player plays outside your league otherwise you have to wait longer to offer him a contract and you have to pay compo.

Another tip: If a wonderkid is not interested in signing for you despite your overtures, offer him a contract on money that won't exceed your wage limit for a hot prospect but offer him key player staus and a chunky signing on fee. He will accept (9 times out of 10) and on 1st of July when he signs for you imediately offer him a new deal. He will ask for the same money but will be willing to change to hot prospect status!

Not only do you get hot prospects for free but you don't even have to play them! I normally send mine out on loan... LOL.

Archived