Just finished the demo

I've just finished my first playthrough of the demo.

As Liverpool I guided them to a thoroughly unimpressive 5th in the league...

74246734vi1.jpg

As you can see the other three of the big four are romping it with Man Utd being almost perfect. Their one and only loss came at the hands of me in what can only be described as a very fortunate 2-1 win. Every week they seem to slaughter whoever is put in front of them.

The Man Utd game was the high point of my season. The low points were endless tweaking of tactics to try and get some order of consistency (which I'm still sadly unable to achieve) and a massively long list of injuries throughout the season. As soon as one first teamer recovered from a two month ankle sprain another two dissapeared with various broken limbs and strains :(

However, at least this year I feel complelled to design and experiment with my own tactics as opposed to relying on a members' download.

Rashidi, WWFan, Cleon, I bless you for your excellent in depth tactical musings. Interesting, fascinating and also very helpful.

All things considered it's been an enjoyable six months at Anfield. With the patch coming out on release day and a more thorogh understanding of the tactics I'm rather looking forward to the coming year of FM.

Do you get a message come the end of the demo? Or does it just not continue?

After you press continue for the last time...

Full screen end of game page saying thanks for playing the demo, a link to pre-order from Steam and a message saying that your game has been saved for you.

This thread is full of Blue noses :D, That league won't be far from the league at the end of the real season I believe

Agreed, although Tottenham are not suffering from the Ramos effect in my game!! :)

Uncle Harry has them purring IRL and I reckon 6th would have been a reasonable shout had he been in from the start.

Stoke look doomed.

Indeed, although my last game in the demo was against them in the cup and I managed to grab a draw from the jaws of victory when I let them get a 90+5 equaliser at their place. Seems to be a running theme in my games...go in front, they equalise, go in front they equalise etc etc

Oh right I see, completely missed the was being said there :o

Seems there doing better than in my demo (where I am managing them :rolleyes:)

hows carsley playin for u. hes best player irl but on fm old players are always shocking. wolves any good?

That may just put me off buying the game :eek:

Carsley is poor on my game on FM09 and it seems Kemy and Nafti are better than him

whats the budget like at blues? i take it ur a blues fan, r we any good on 09 as i thought on '08 the guy who scouted the data on us was poor seb in particular

whats the budget like at blues? i take it ur a blues fan, r we any good on 09 as i thought on '08 the guy who scouted the data on us was poor seb in particular

I think we get £3,000,000 to spend, we are ok in 09 but it seems Reading are just better than everyone... I was 18th in my game but that was just because I was finding the new features...

I am a blues fan yes

KRO

Any reason you haven't suggested any Villa talk, ;)

Do all you blue noses go down often

season tkt. u? missed the cov game thank god.

how realistic are the lower league players eg fabien delph? usually no1 below the prem gets a PA of more than 140

season tkt. u? missed the cov game thank god.

how realistic are the lower league players eg fabien delph? usually no1 below the prem gets a PA of more than 140

Season ticket at the railway end, Cov game was truely awful, I wish I missed it :p

I don't know how realistic lower league platers are to be fair as I want to start the game Lower League and want it all to be new for me

Pompey 4th :D

btw how do you get all the licensed teams, like badges etc as shown is first pic?

im a fm noob :(

thanks!

Have a look in the graphics forum or do a thread search as there are loads of walkthroughs on how to do it. It's surprisingly easy too!! Good luck.

Is Alex Ferguson still in charge at united?

I'm asking because he usually always gets sacked around-about this point in the season of mostly all of the different incarnations of CM/FM.

No No, he's still there, and so he should be with that record!

I think we get £3,000,000 to spend, we are ok in 09 but it seems Reading are just better than everyone... I was 18th in my game but that was just because I was finding the new features...

I am a blues fan yes

KRO

I brought Kevin Doyle ( 5mil + sell on fees - sold loads lol) from Reading.. Peter..

Am currentely sitting pretty in 3rd

Long last!! a prolific goal poacher for the Noses lol

:D :D

No No, he's still there, and so he should be with that record!

That's a first. Usually Alex is shipped off to the old manager's home come a couple of months into the season. :p

Good to hear that he's not only still manager, but also kicking some ass! ..ecept when you beat him. :)

And you had a pretty good half-a-season, mate. It should hold you in good stead for Friday. ;)

Archived