CRAZY 4-2-4 Formation from AI teams with late lead

If you watch arsenal on FM08, if they are winning, the will always go 4-2-4 for the last 10 minutes of a game. It's quite an interesting tactic. Just when the opposition are thinking about going all out attack to get into the game, a manger throws on a couple of strikers and tries to scare the crap out of them! Thus forcign them to abandon their comeback plans

If you watch arsenal on FM08, if they are winning, the will always go 4-2-4 for the last 10 minutes of a game. It's quite an interesting tactic. Just when the opposition are thinking about going all out attack to get into the game, a manger throws on a couple of strikers and tries to scare the crap out of them! Thus forcign them to abandon their comeback plans

I always want to see if it will work, but I'm afraid.

Oh no, not another year of this.

It happens on FM09 demo, but is not as effective as on 08. However, when it does happen, adjust your tactics and you should be fine. Might take a bit of experimenting but with FM08, where it was looked upon as a "super-tactic" I would concede maybe half a dozen times a year from the AI doing this, usually because I didn't notice they had switched.

Yes this needs fixed ! i was winning and 5 minutes to go i went defensise then my central defender ended up in the middle of the box thinking hes maradona :O and the team my team was still attacking looking for another goal when i wanted them to sit back and plauy on the counter

Archived