9.0.1 patch

I believe SI is working their brains out and sweating over the new patch...

Obviously Football Manager is the sweetheart of us all and FM 09 is probably the most highly anticipated version since the intro of 2D match engine...

Maybe it would help us all if Miles posted a list of the changes that will be made to the game via the patch // it would save some threads and another tense 9 days...

I wonder if any fixes to the 3D will be made // we all have to accept this is whole new and won't be a fifa-like thing but still, I'd prefer not to see my best defender lay on the green for 5 seconds after a tackle or seeing other weird things. (you know).

I have a 8600 GT, 256 MBs and the latest driver, so I believe, it's neither me nor my computer.

Speak up Miles

Cheers

I think the defender lying flat on his back-side is an indication that he's taken out of play for x seconds...

To be honest, given that the 3d representation is really just a further tactical tool, I don't mind that he's not lying on the ground wriggling like he's been shot! (i.e. maxi rodriguez today when gerrard stepped on his toe :p)

I think the defender lying flat on his back-side is an indication that he's taken out of play for x seconds...

To be honest, given that the 3d representation is really just a further tactical tool, I don't mind that he's not lying on the ground wriggling like he's been shot! (i.e. maxi rodriguez today when gerrard stepped on his toe :p)

hmmmm...maybe you're right about the defenders

but still, some moves seem rather absurd, such as goalkeepers moves or running with the balls etc.

the thing is, SI always made the greatest management games without doubt, but to be honest, there were other lousy management games that had much better 3-d match engines compared to the one we have in our hands...I remember the fifa manager 98, despite having a lot of bugs, it was still enjoyable (at that time Ronaldo was knocking himself out and it even reflected to ha game).

All I'm saying is, with todays technology, SI's ability and a great base to build on, it's normal that the expectations were rather high.

but I know it has potential, and as ever, will be the one to play after all.

strange, i have a geforce 6800 ultra card. 3 years old. on a 64 dual core 4400+ 2.21 ghz with 2 mb ram. works fine for me. a few glitches usually after a goal has been scored but the game runs fast and smooth. my comp is around 3 years old. it seems to me that a lot of the problems could be laptops. i could be wrong though.

Yup, maybe release a fix list before the release date so that people can decide if they want to buy FM09 on the release day or wait for patch 2.

The patch comes out on the same day as the game and a full list of the fixes is always included with the patch.

So get up, get online, read the list and then decide whether or not to bother to head down to Woolworths

strange, i have a geforce 6800 ultra card. 3 years old. on a 64 dual core 4400+ 2.21 ghz with 2 mb ram. works fine for me. a few glitches usually after a goal has been scored but the game runs fast and smooth. my comp is around 3 years old. it seems to me that a lot of the problems could be laptops. i could be wrong though.

yes your right it is mainly laptops, specifically those with the integrated intel GMA 950 card family i think, also the 3100 family. something tlike that i believe. hopefully SI will sort this problem out in the first patch as alot of people are frustrated at not getting the 3d.

personally im going to buy the game even though my 3d doesnt work at the minute and just hope it gets fixed :p

Good thing I have the GMA 965. My computer was bought this summer for $430 and runs the game perfectly. Couldn't ask for more. :) I like the 3-D engine too. Big step up from 2-D and that's all I was looking for. I'm sure it'll get graphically better and more streamlined in future versions.

Archived