Why are SI so quiet? What do you think?

The demo has been out for the weekend now. Its tuesday they have said nothing really except helping plebs who have technical differences. I'd like to know what they think of the release, whether the game will be significantly fixed etc. TBH i was pleasantly surprised with the demo, the keepers realistic dives, you can see tactics unflod before your eyes, and the press conferences are very good mental side to the game as they work morale and team spirit etc.... What do si think though? is this what they hope for, do they feel they are not getting any credit? i just voted hit on some poll and miss was ahead, surely thats to harsh, its just a demo!!! I love the rating system, i love the transfer system, i love 3d. I dont like being able to have sideways arrows, i dont like the lack of ppms in matches, and the injury bug cost me dear vs hull :mad: . So come on si tell us about it!!!

They're busy with

1. Actually making a patch contradictory to what hundreds of people believe.

2. Reading through hundreds of threads which basically contains the same stupidity, if they haven't already given up on that (I'm sure I would have by now).

If you consider the amount of nonsense msgs ending up on this forum, and dig through a lot of them, there is the odd reply from SI... but of course only when in place. On a pure moaning thread there is no point to answer really. They make sticky statements (sounds dirty :p), look at them, that will answer your question 9.5 out of 10 times

If you consider the amount of nonsense msgs ending up on this forum, and dig through a lot of them, there is the odd reply from SI... but of course only when in place. On a pure moaning thread there is no point to answer really. They make sticky statements (sounds dirty :p), look at them, that will answer your question 9.5 out of 10 times

i have all of their replies are technical, how to install watch ********** etc for those mentally challenged

To be honest I think they choose not to reply rather than being too busy looking through "stupid" threads or working on the patch (though I’m sure that takes much of their working hours). In my previous job I was part of the executive committee and the organisation had quite an active message board with sometimes very opinionated threads (much like this forum). It was decided not to post back and become embroiled in an argument or be seen "stoking" the fires, people who presume SI are not responding because they are "scared" or ignorant or whatever just know nothing about running a successful organisation or keeping a professional looking exterior.

Let people vent, once they have had their say that’s often the last you hear of it. People will always be for and against the same thing no one will ever be 100% happy. Its just life I’m afraid!

You will find a lot of the testing team are monitoring forums, particularly the bug forums. We pop in and out of general discussion, but we simply cannot answer to every thread in general discussion. As for SI badge members, they are also monitoring the forums but are primarily working hard on the patch stuff.

So while you may think you are being ignored, you aren't. Even if we can't respond to every thread we do read the forums and know what is being said.

i have all of their replies are technical, how to install watch ********** etc for those mentally challenged

If they started giving their opinions, they'd just be jumped on and the forum would be in an even greater mess. All Miles would have to do is post once in a thread about what he thinks of the demo and all of a sudden you'd have at least ten people giving it 'Miles, what do you think about...' or 'Miles, can you tell me...'. And those are the polite responses!

I've been impressed with the amount of time SI staff have spent on the forums, and the replies they have given. Expecting them to reply to every single thread is madness though, having to write the same reply time and time again in duplicate threads would drive anyone mad.

The demo has been out for the weekend now. Its tuesday they have said nothing really except helping plebs who have technical differences. I'd like to know what they think of the release, whether the game will be significantly fixed etc. TBH i was pleasantly surprised with the demo, the keepers realistic dives, you can see tactics unflod before your eyes, and the press conferences are very good mental side to the game as they work morale and team spirit etc.... What do si think though? is this what they hope for, do they feel they are not getting any credit? i just voted hit on some poll and miss was ahead, surely thats to harsh, its just a demo!!! I love the rating system, i love the transfer system, i love 3d. I dont like being able to have sideways arrows, i dont like the lack of ppms in matches, and the injury bug cost me dear vs hull :mad: . So come on si tell us about it!!!

--------------------------------

You call people plebs cos they have technical problems? WTF! So cos SI haven't done what they said they would, people get called plebs for asking for help? I'd get down off that high horse and wonder what constitutes being called a pleb. People that haven't got their game working cos SI didn't deliver, or people, like you, who's ability to construct a sentence rivals that of a 6 year old.

Miles has already commented that they don't know the problem until they do some testing on older graphic cards. So until they do that they can't tell us.

please dont use this to comment on technical problems. strictly gameplay and bugs please. i think i know every graphics card out there now:confused:

show me where si have said anything involving the reception of the demo and the transition from demo to game please, oh wise mesiah

There was a post from PaulC a couple of days ago in which he acknowledged there was a problem with too many injuries and he said it was being looked into. I can't remember which thread it was in, but I promise you it happened!

The question is dumb and the idea that SI have been quiet is stupid. They have said on quite a few occasions now that they're working on a patch and trying to read through the problems etc. but there's so many stupid and repetitive threads that it's taking longer and longer, and the posts being made by SI are getting lost in the N00b Invasion Of 08.

show me where si have said anything involving the reception of the demo and the transition from demo to game please, oh wise mesiah

Is there any need to be so cheeky about everything? Have a look round the forums there are plenty of replies. Is there really a need for SI to make any form of resposne about the reception of the demo, it could be summed up in one word, mixed.

Archived