Transfer Budget

It won't.

Imagine, at the end of last season, every manager was given a pot of money. What will be left in the pot now? That's the budget you'll get. Of course, City's pot has had a significant top up...

Rafa had no money left at the end of the summer and was flogging players on the cheap and offering stupid exchange deals.

Is this the way it will stay or will the transfer budget be different with the real game?

Why does Liverpool only start with £3.8m?

I thought this was a joke - only having 3.8 transfer budget. But if you think about it he spent a lot of money in the summer so imo it is about right (I am a liverpool supporter)

• SI Staff

Imagine, at the end of last season, every manager was given a pot of money. What will be left in the pot now? That's the budget you'll get. Of course, City's pot has had a significant top up...

Rafa had no money left at the end of the summer and was flogging players on the cheap and offering stupid exchange deals.

I was going to reply in the demo threads but seeing as there is a thread for transfer budgets specifically, I'll reply here. The above quote pretty much explains it to you the way I would have responded as well. The transfer budget left at the start of the game for most teams is set in the database by the researcher, based on what their team had left to spend in real life. Yes, most teams probably had a bigger budget in real life at the start of the summer than they do at the start of the game in the demo, but the money they already spent in real life over the summer brought players in and as those players are in the team in the game, then naturally the money spent on them will also be gone from the budget.

When you get to the January transfer window, some teams might be getting more money depending on their success on/off the pitch and naturally in the 2nd season all teams will be getting full transfer budgets again.

Archived