Sunderland on FM09

Are we finally going to be given alot of money on the game, We had feck all last year when we were one of the biggest spenders, and this season again we were one of the biggest spenders, but we always seem to have pathetic finances, and i dont like using the editor as changing the finances always screws up and it feels like im cheating...Please say were gunna have a decent amount of dosh :D

And yet we still manage to lose to a poor Stoke team! :mad:

We were shocking last night, there tactics didnt help either like, all they did was smash it up the field looking for throws, They played to there "strength" and deserved the win. We couldnt even the pass the ball correctly :mad:

If you want more money then use the editor that comes with the game.

Cheting make's me sad. :(

Now back on topic, and has already been said, at the start of FM you will not get much money because of the clubs spending in the summer transfer window. Although the clubs owner's will have alot of money, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Cheting make's me sad. :(

Now back on topic, and has already been said, at the start of FM you will not get much money because of the clubs spending in the summer transfer window. Although the clubs owner's will have alot of money, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

yeh ano, but the club owners always have pritty poor cash :(

Rory's long throws really are worth their weight in gold for us (Stoke). What it does do is give us so many options. Just after we scored the goal last night, we pieced together a lovely passing move from the backline to the frontline which culminated in a lovely through ball from Michael Tongue to Fuller, who narrowly missed - hitting the post.

We have the option of playing direct to Mama Sidibe - who gives defenders a problem in more than one way - If they win the ball from him do they try to avoid the long throw by trying to play their way out of trouble (something Sunderland did last night and lost the ball high up the park) or do they just play percentages by knocking it out of touch and taking their chance with the throw? Martin O'Neil recently said that his defenders were confused when they played us at the Brit earlier in the season. He'd been coaching his centre backs all week beforehand to kick the ball into touch and take no chances. By the end of the game he was running down the line telling them not to. :)

At the end of the day, we don't play the purist football but then again we dont have a purist squad. We play to our strengths and even I am shocked at how simple tactics have caught out a lot of big teams like Aston Villa and Tottenham, and lower end - mid table Premier League sides like Sunderland.

The long throw is working far more effectively at Premier League level than it did at Championship level.

With multi-million pound backlines and goalkeepers the norm - work that one out!

i agree we are nothing special im expecting a mid-table (lower end) if im honest, however the money issue needs to be addressed we got couple of hundred grand out the box last year but IRL we then went spent £4m in jan, and another large chunk summer gone, im not expecting really larger amounts as yes we will have spent it, its just the way jan came on fm08 and i was lucky to be given 1m which surly isnt right?

Archived