About the bugs and the release of the game

Until now the game was perfect only after the second or third patch, so since is released in November it means that our FM is usually completely enjoyable only in February.

My idea is this: it would be possible to have the game released in the summer, so that with just an update of the editor in September (after the transfer market) it would be already free of bugs and issues?

I think it would be great for at least 2 reasons:

1) it's great to start a career while the major leagues (Italian, English, Spanish...) are starting

2) I think that is great to have you FM completely enjoyable since the Autumn, so you have all the cold months with your FM working properly (I think the 90% of the users reduce their playing during the warm months)

What do you think guys?

Guest roberto922

So basically you are asking the people that are nearly wetting themselves from excitement about a new version whether they'd prefer to only have one every couple of years?

I don't really think that this will be in the interests of SI for two reasons. The first reason being that they will find it hard to create a brand new game in time for a release in the summer.

The second reason is that not all transfers will have been completed IRL due to the transfer window not being closed (e.g. Robinho and Berbatov both signed for Man City and Man Utd respectively on the last day of the transfer window), also Man City wouldn't have been a multi-billionaire club if FM09 was released in the summer due to them not being bought until near the end of the transfer window. This would take a sense of realism out of the game IMO.

For me is not at all a stupid idea, unless you think that is more heavy an update of the editor than fixing some bugs in the game: when the game is working perfectly (around september) then you update the editor (with a simple download, it's not so hard :)) and you have a perfect game for September instead of January or February...

About the guy that talks about a new game only once in 2 years I think he didn't understand well what I wanted to say.

• SI Staff
I don't mean to have FM2009 issued in July 2009, but in July 2008 instead of November 2008.

Releasing the game in July would mean it being finished by June. Some leagues have not even finished by then and it's often not known what teams are going to be in what league for the coming season. FM is released about as early as it can be as it is taking into consideration the coding, research and licensing aspects of it all.

Ok Ter, thank you for the answer.

For the others: I am not moaning or complaining, I think that forums are useful to give advices, ideas, if we all would say "FM is perfect", "Nothing to say..." and so on, the forums wouldn't be helpful for the development team...

I kinda agree, but the game should maybe be put back to january to make sure the bugs are all wiped out. Nothing worse at being 3-0 up with 85 mins to go and getting beat 4-3 just not realistic at all!

the odd spellig mistake etc i can deal with but not when it clearly affects the enjoyment of the game.

Or they could just get it right first time and save us all moaning

I kinda agree, but the game should maybe be put back to january to make sure the bugs are all wiped out. Nothing worse at being 3-0 up with 85 mins to go and getting beat 4-3 just not realistic at all!

This is entirely tactical. I have never lost a game in FM's 06-08 when I have gone 3-0 up, in any pre-post-patch version. So many moaning complaints about the ME are 100% related to tactics. Hopefully, FM09's arrowless ME will make all this a thing of the past. I really, really hope so. It's getting tedious.

That would have been the closing down bug, which is fair enough. However, even with it in the game, to lose 4 goals in 5 minutes is tactical.

In addition, as this was rectified within days of release it is hardly a major problem, is it? Cost two days of enjoyment at most, surely?

This is entirely tactical. I have never lost a game in FM's 06-08 when I have gone 3-0 up, in any pre-post-patch version. So many moaning complaints about the ME are 100% related to tactics. Hopefully, FM09's arrowless ME will make all this a thing of the past. I really, really hope so. It's getting tedious.

Not true, the AI cheats!

;)

Archived