FM 09 Bankrupcy

Administration and bankruptcy is in the game, but the clubs never go out of business and are eventually taken over. Points deducations are in there as well, but I doubt anyone like West Ham are going to start the game bankrupt, you could edit the finances with a thrid party programme though.

we often hear about clubs saying stuff like" we were five days away from being wound up", so in theory it will be possible for clubs to cease trading, same as any other business.

although its never happened i would say that the money spent in football in the last ten years has also never happened before, a premier league club could be wiped out in real life, but i doubt it will be written into 09.

what exactly are you asking for?

seperate finances for owners and clubs, and when one is losing out it affects the other?

Actually - that is a pretty good idea.

Having a seperate random event that involved a chairman losing money through non football related reasons, and bein forced to - or mor receptive to the idea of felling the club.

I wouldn't expect the full economic cycle, and this to intentionally hit multible owners at the same time to be in the game though...

I personally don't think it's that good idea to allow recessions to affect in game actions, at the moment there may be a recession but we can't be sure when it will end. i think the economics in the game shouldn't be linked with current global economic matters. You reach 2017 with Barca and suddenly your sponser goes bust and you lose bags of cash because FM decided to have a huge global recession that year and your attendence for the home game with Real is 587. because no one has any cash. maybe have some hyper inflation trouble so 30mil is suddenly the cost of a loaf of bread instead of Messi

Archived