First time ever that this happens to me

Well I've never seen this happen before since I usually give up on the game after I play 3 years on a specific team, but I've never seen or heard people talk about this. My board built a completely new stadium instead of expanding it after about 40 "Expand Stadium" Requests they decide to build a new one!

330eclz.png

This is new to me and I've played CM/FM since 99/00

ive not had this happen either; i was half expecting it to with my Oxford save after they won the PL, but after every request mid way through the season they responded by adding 5000 seats in that following summer, which is fair enough... i guess the game has specific rules and perimetres set in for when expansion is impossible in the current stadium. Browsing the editor will probably show this (min and max capacity, stadium decay etc etc)

Yes, each club has a pre-determined limit on how it can expand it's existing stadium and those with grounds at which this isn't possible will build a new stadium if conditions warrant it (has never happened to me). Oxford's stadium is only about 10 years old and was specifically built with expansion in mind (it only has 3 stands at present) so that's one that shouldn't need replacing.

Archived