Great British League

GreatBritishLeague

Ok So I was just mucking about with the editor and thought about this.

What i'm planning to do is make a Great British League but with all created teams in it.

What i've done so far;

Made Great Britain a playable nation

Made Lots of non-capped English, Scottish, Welsh and N.Irish players eligible to play for GB

What I plan to do;

Make at least 20 teams (i will be using the israeli league for this so there will be 12 teams in the top division)

Move Most of the players that are eligible to play for GB into the British teams

What i need you to help me with

Names for the teams (I've though of making a Merseyside United team along with Glasgow Rovers)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so once i get this started i will be looking for people to play online with FM08 and then once 09 comes out i'll be making a bigger, better version of this.

So if you're interested then just put your name down and maybe suggest some names for teams

Once i've made the teams i'll let you pick out what club you want to be but you will not know what players i've put on each team.

(note: i will be editing this op once we have it sorted )

I really can't see why you can't just let people choose from current GB teams, (Arsenal, Celtic, Linfield, TNS etc), put them in the Premiership. And then do a draft sort of thing for everyone to have an all GB side, then do the online thing.

DAMN that's a good idea for an online game/sign up if I do say so myself :D

I really can't see why you can't just let people choose from current GB teams, (Arsenal, Celtic, Linfield, TNS etc), put them in the Premiership. And then do a draft sort of thing for everyone to have an all GB side, then do the online thing.

DAMN that's a good idea for an online game/sign up if I do say so myself :D

What if i do this set-up but with real teams?

I just don't really understand it, because you'd have to keep changing players Nationality to 'GB' to make it so the best players eligible to play for 'GB' can play for them.

Obviously it's your sign up/online thing, so it's your choice, just trying to save you some time and make it a bit less complicated.

I just don't really understand it, because you'd have to keep changing players Nationality to 'GB' to make it so the best players eligible to play for 'GB' can play for them.

Obviously it's your sign up/online thing, so it's your choice, just trying to save you some time and make it a bit less complicated.

yeah i understand what your saying and how that'd be a lot easier but I just feel like trying something different

Sounds like a good idea to me, would be fun to play. Would definitely want to play it when its all set up.

Are your clubs going to be based around big cities or are you going to have some obscure towns with teams. Personally I'd prefer a mix of the two.

Sounds like a good idea to me, would be fun to play. Would definitely want to play it when its all set up.

Are your clubs going to be based around big cities or are you going to have some obscure towns with teams. Personally I'd prefer a mix of the two.

Well yeah a mix of both is what i'd prefer, Like the city names could be Belfast, Merseyside, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc... and maybe have two big rival teams from a couple of cities for example Belfast United and Belfast City

Ok thanks for signing up guys but i wont be able to sort it out today but hopefully i'll have it up and running in the next ouple of days but i still need names for the teams, stadium and team nicknames and btw should i give all the teams the same reputation and money as each other or make it different for each club

Yeah i will play, im bored with my billericay team now im in 2023 and can't get out of the bloody championship 8 years there. Frustration is an understatement (oh that ryhmes lol).

When do you think this will begin.:)

Oh by the way great idea!!!

Come on people i need names for clubs/stadiums/etc...

at the moment i'm just making awards for example Best foreign player of the year, most improved player, etc.........

if i get some suggestions for names then i could have this ready some time tonight

I don't see why you keep asking people for names for clubs, if you were going to do it, you really should have thought about all that before posting a thread.

Well i've come up with a few names but i need at least 34 teams (12 in prem, 12 in Div 1, 10 non-league)

it's really not that hard to find all of the Counties/Cities in Great Britain and then pick 34 counties/cities then put either 'City, United, Athletic' etc on the end.

yeah i suppose so but i just wanted to save some time

Petterworth United

Welwyn F.C.

Angleton Town

Harpenden Rovers (Use of Harpenden Town is copyrighted;))

Royston Wanderers

Letchwood Town

Longston F.C.

Broxbourne Rovers

Hemel Hempstead F.C.

Ainsling Athletic

Hunsdon Town

Pottering City

Chingford Town

Emerson United

Wapping Athletic

Hornchurch United

Allingswell F.C

Hope this helps, say if you need more suggestions:)

Some examples for you there.

Petterworth United

Welwyn F.C.

Angleton Town

Harpenden Rovers (Use of Harpenden Town is copyrighted;))

Royston Wanderers

Letchwood Town

Longston F.C.

Broxbourne Rovers

Hemel Hempstead F.C.

Ainsling Athletic

Hunsdon Town

Pottering City

Chingford Town

Emerson United

Wapping Athletic

Hornchurch United

Allingswell F.C

Hope this helps, say if you need more suggestions:)

Some examples for you there.

Cheers arsenal 2111 you're a time saver ;)

How about:

FC Home Counties

Northern Thunder

East Midlands FC

Edinburgh Saints

Bristol & Bath Albion

Rutland Rovers

Birmingham United

Thames Valley Royals

Torbay Tigers

Dundee City

Londonderry United

Glamorgan Power

Isle of Man FC

How about:

FC Home Counties

Northern Thunder

East Midlands FC

Edinburgh Saints

Bristol & Bath Albion

Rutland Rovers

Birmingham United

Thames Valley Royals

Torbay Tigers

Dundee City

Londonderry United

Glamorgan Power

Isle of Man FC

Thanks again for the suggestions when i next go on the editor i'll add as much of these and arsenal_2111's clubs that i can, whether they be premiership clubs or non-league

Should I include other details such as colours, stadium, etc.

Everything here is made up:

Name - St. Mary Cray United (base in Orpington)

Stadium - Cray Park (capacity 5,000 max cap 40,000)

Colours - Home: mostly red with light blue Away: Dark Blue with silver/grey

Archived