Scouting Issue

Just a quick Q. Does anyone know why my scouts rate 190+ potential players as two stars?

I am in 2015, and have looked at their PA once signed (they are regens signed on instinct). The only thing which I think it could be is reputation? I'm in Italy, so there is only the 1 non EU rule, so its nothing to do with work permits. It seems my scouts can find and rate people from the larger countries, but when I signed an angolan (18, CA: 90 PA 190) they rated him as two stars, minute he signs he becomes 4 stars. It has happened also with a player from ASEC (age: 16 CA: 80, PA : 189) who was also given 2 stars. This is with three scouts, with each having JPP: 19+ and JPA: 19+. Very frustrating.

2 stars potential or two stars for CA? If it's for CA then obviously it because they are only CA 90. If it's for potential, then I can't help.

It seems wierd that they would change their rating after the player joins though.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bugtm1.jpg

(Not the best img)

Obviously, I don't expect them to be 100%, but they cant tell the difference between a 2 star and 4 star player despite repeat scoutings? Something wrong surely? (They are still underrating him, but thats no biggie)

This has ruined the game a bit, as I can't trust my scouts, and I'm buying against their advice in most cases.

Frustrating. (do you see what I'm saying?)

I also love the fact he is Ambitious about his goals a good thing for a keeper? :)

could it be that they are only 2 stars compared to the current players in your squad of similar age?
has this happend a lot with the current scouts or this the first time? because even scouts with 20 for judging pa and ca can get it wrong sometimes.

Happens every time I scout someone from an obscure nation. They are fine with rating Germans, French, Spanish, Italian etc.

I found an Azerbaijan regen on the game last night. Scouted him. Same thing. He is very good for a 17 year old, and I wouldn't normally do this but I looked at his PA. 193. Really, really annoying. Now I won't sign him, as I will feel like I cheated, but surely they cant get it wrong every time between the three of them?

possible that they have a better view of him once he has joined the club than while he was at a different one so the opinion changed?

Of course I would expect that but surely the scouts could highlight he had some potential? If he was German I am sure he would have been ratted appropriately (as it seems they have no problems here).

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bug2vp6.jpg

Frustrating, as he will likely never be signed and have to retire.

Ok. The guy has PA 190, but - he's 18 (almost 19 actually) and his CA is 93. Footballers in the game normally experience considerable CA increases only until the age of 24 or so. This means his CA would have to jump approx. 20 points a year for the player to reach his PA, i.e., fulfill his potential. That's assuming he's training in a top class team, using top class facilities, having access to top class coaching staff, playing regularly in the first eleven, and never getting injured. Which is not very likely. I would rather expect him to gain no more than 50, possibly 60 points before he matures. This would give him CA of 140-150. If that be the case, the scout is rating his potential rather accurately, imho.

• Administrators

Also the scout would probably see the player's PPA (Perceived potential ability) and go off of that, which can be different to his PA - what is the player in questions PPA?

Likewise what the Pr0fes0r says makes sense, but I'm not 100% sure it is coded like that.

I experienced sam things with my Barcelona game (after 2 years)

I have scouted best regens many times and have scouts with JPA and JPP of 20.

First screenshot is from game (scout report for all), second is information from Genie scout with potential look for one central defender (PA 194). As you can see, scouts were only accurate with Real Madrid DR and were least accurate with player with best potential (DC). I don't like the idea that scouts are more accurate when scoutin teams with bigger reputation :(

gameci5.th.pngthpix.gif

P.S. DC on picture is probably the best CD I have ever seen since I'm playing FM. In major attributes for CD he have ratings of 20 or 19 + he is so fast + look at his passing. The only minus for him is jumping, he have 14 (not too bad also...in pair with one tall CD who will mark taller opposition striker, they will be unbreakable).

CA 70 + Age 19 + Composure <10 + Important matches <30 + Consistency <40 + Injury proun >50 + adaptability <5 + professionalism <5 = 2 stars at best, even if his PA is 400 .

Composure, important matches and consistency have nothing to do with player CA and PA.

Injury proun, adaptibility, professionalism may hinder progress...but I want my scout to tell me his PA, it's my problem to read other stats and to try to figure if that player is going to reach his maximum.

Archived