its like this

i was managing celtic 1st season

3 games left the league table was

1. celtic 84 points

2. falkirk 62 points gd + 20

3. rangers 61 points +25

4 hibs 61 points + 17

i then had to play falkirk and hibs

obviously the league was won so i put out a team of youngsters to lose purposely

it worked out like this

2. falkirk 69 points

3 hibs 68 points

4 rangers 67 points

hibs beat me 5 1 and falkirk beat me 3 0

hibs then had to play rangers last day and won 3 1

anyone ever thrown a match to get one over there rivals

extra sweet as i am a celtic fan

I always play the youth team in the final few games if i've won the league, but I don't do it to lose, I still expect them to win.

this i will do. i always expect a win. i always think a player should get paid for wins, have bonuses taken away for draws, and receive half pay for a loss. I was gonna say no pay but that might be a bit harsh.

Celtic and Rangers are not rivals.

OK. fine, the fans are rivals (because the majority are are a bunch of bigoted malcontents) but when you do your research you'll releaze that The Old Firm have a bond forged with steel.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, or anything.

But no, I would never intentionally throw a match. It's respectful to my fans, my club, my players and more importantly, myself.

I've never found myself in that situation but if i was with Norwich and Ipswich could go down i have to say i would do it 100%

I've never found myself in that situation but if I was with Ipswich and Norwich could go down I have to say I would do it 100%!! :cool:

I suppose it would be tough to spread your 80k over two weeks instead of one :D

"I can only afford to get 2 high class hookers, 1 shopping trip to milan for the wife and my house redecorated again this week. What am I gonna do?"

in all seriousness though, gives the club more money, and not all footballers have an amazing salary. If you're only getting £250 a week and you lose and it gets halved, you're not gonna wanna do that again.

I never have and never will lose a match on purpose , IMO it is cheating the AI system , aswell as cheating yourself.

It's not cheating the AI. After all, I'm sure there has been a couple of real life match throw to hurt rival events...

I mean, the spuds were never going to beat United in 1999 on the last day of the season, were they? In game, I have the same choice their manager at the time had. Play to win and risk ****ing off the fans, or play to narrowly lose and appease the fans.

I'd sure as hell throw a game if it would relegate the spuds and yet not hurt our standings.

I've done it once. Second season with Leeds. Promtoed from L1 last season, this season, last game, I'm 3rd, but will go 2nd if I win. I didn't believe I could hack it in the Prem just yet, so I threw the game to go into the Playoffs, and lost in the S/F. Now, Leeds are still in the prem, so it was better long term.

I did it just yesterday. I was playing with my beloved IFK Göteborg and in the last round my third place was already set. the first placed team was our biggest rival, AIK. The second placed team was a small town team no one even gives a **** about called Kalmar FF. both of them had the same number of points and if both won the last round it would be up to goal differencial. I was facing Kalmar FF so i made sure i lost by 7-0. The board wasn't happy but at least the damn rats (yeah thats actually their nickname :p:P:P) didn't win.

Archived