A feature FM is missing?

Might be this is too much, but i would like to see how do my players train in some way.

I know we already have a monthly training report by the assistant in FM now, but i think it is not enough.

Studying how your players commit and perform in daily training is one of the most important job for a manager. A manager will draft his team for the coming match base on the performance and commitment shown in daily training.

Perhaps a training report should be given whenever i asked, on a daily or weekly base? [or a day before a match]

Well, you can get coach reports on your players from each coach individually, whenever you want. But I suppose you mean something more than this?

The part I like about what you seem to be suggesting is "Studying how your players commit...." which is something I'd like to see more of in terms of getting to know your players individually and gaining insight into their personalities, concerns, etc.. while hopefully building a relationship with them that will help them develop and perform for the team, reach their own goals, etc..

I think there could be a simple report for every day of training. IMO it shouldn't be about ratings, if the reports are daily. There could just be indicators of how much effort was put in by a player. Also general condition could be noted if a player seems to suffer from a slight knock or is just tired.

i like it when you get the messages "Toure past his peak" or "Saivet ready for first team football" in your inbox, but they are too few and far between. it would be nice if you got more regular messages, such as "Sakho has really knuckled down this week and should at least be on the bench" or "Vela didn't show any desire building up to this match", etc. These changes would make the role of an assistant manager more important, as well as being realistic.

The implications of playing / not playing the players could be put in as well, eg "Delighted that the manager noticed his efforts in training and will strive to maintain a squad place" or "After not making the team last week, determined to force himself back into the manager's plans", depending on personality, as the players could become demotivated as well.

Perhaps a report on how well a certain player is training, rather than the whole squad?

Examples:

• you request reports on a young player's progress to determine whether he's worth keeping
  • you request reports on an out of favour player to see how he deals with being dropped
  • you request reports on your strikers to see how well they are doing in training- finding the net easily or missing and low on confidence.
  • the ass man tells you that a player is putting extra work into training and so should be considered for a place
  • the ass man tells you that a young player is progressing quickly and should be considered for a new contract/place in reserves/loan/place on bench.

etc.

I think there could be a simple report for every day of training. IMO it shouldn't be about ratings, if the reports are daily. There could just be indicators of how much effort was put in by a player. Also general condition could be noted if a player seems to suffer from a slight knock or is just tired.

Wouldn't that just get repititive?

Well, you can get coach reports on your players from each coach individually, whenever you want. But I suppose you mean something more than this?

Yea, the coach report is simply talking about the personality, CA and PA and something related to the hidden attributes only.

What i want to see is the daily reaction and commitment of my players shown on the training ground, which can be totally unrelated to ability or improvement.

For example:

- After a heavy defeat, which players are remind upbeat and commit in training and who are collapsed?

- After a winning run, which players are becoming slack in training and who are still with great commitment. [instead of the information of "supert morale" only]

- If there are any youngster or bench players showing great desire and spirit in training in order to fight for his chance?

Actually IRL a football manager spend 5~6 days on training ground with his players, and just 1~2 days in match per week. With this, the information we get on the training ground is far too little to make the game being realistic.

Perhaps a report on how well a certain player is training, rather than the whole squad?

Examples:

• you request reports on a young player's progress to determine whether he's worth keeping
  • you request reports on an out of favour player to see how he deals with being dropped
  • you request reports on your strikers to see how well they are doing in training- finding the net easily or missing and low on confidence.
  • the ass man tells you that a player is putting extra work into training and so should be considered for a place
  • the ass man tells you that a young player is progressing quickly and should be considered for a new contract/place in reserves/loan/place on bench.

etc.

I really like your idea. Perhaps whenever i ask for a "training performance report", one of the above will be showed accordingly, or it just shows "nothing specific"

Surely it will make the "work load" too heavy if we do see the players training everyday, nevertheless this is a game. :D

Yea, the coach report is simply talking about the personality, CA and PA and something related to the hidden attributes only.

What i want to see is the daily reaction and commitment of my players shown on the training ground, which can be totally unrelated to ability or improvement.

For example:

- After a heavy defeat, which players are remind upbeat and commit in training and who are collapsed?

- After a winning run, which players are becoming slack in training and who are still with great commitment. [instead of the information of "supert morale" only]

- If there are any youngster or bench players showing great desire and spirit in training in order to fight for his chance?

Actually IRL a football manager spend 5~6 days on training ground with his players, and just 1~2 days in match per week. With this, the information we get on the training ground is far too little to make the game being realistic.

Ah, I see. The game would have to start tracking these things and allowing them to have an impact. I would not discount 'hidden stats' from 'players showing great desire' etc.. because as of right now this is part of how the game simulates what you'd like more detail on.

Now:

Morale

Relationships

Team Cohesion

Personality Stats

Implied Suggestions:

Deeper dynamic personalities and effects.

Manager learning about his players and guiding them depending on their moods and what he knows about how they operate as people.

A bit more variability in player reactions to situations, and more options on how to handle this and relate with the players.

More 'training ground' interaction and observation.

I think its a good idea in principle to move toward more realistic personalities and manager/player interactions. Surely man management is under-represented in the game. Personally I find the current additions that address this cumbersome, clunky, and non-intuitive, namely:

Team Talks

Media Comments on Players

Tutoring

'Personal' section of player profile

etc..

If we can increase the man-management side of the game in a more fun way I'm all for it!

I know this probably wouldn't work but I'd like an option to watch your team training and to be able to tell them what to do while watching. It'd be like the match engine this year but just your team training and maybe a model regen who is you and tells the players to go warm up or something. Would be a lot easier to pick your team for the weekend then and would look good aswell.

Deeper dynamic personalities and effects.

Manager learning about his players and guiding them depending on their moods and what he knows about how they operate as people.

A bit more variability in player reactions to situations, and more options on how to handle this and relate with the players.

More 'training ground' interaction and observation.

I think its a good idea in principle to move toward more realistic personalities and manager/player interactions. Surely man management is under-represented in the game. Personally I find the current additions that address this cumbersome, clunky, and non-intuitive, namely:

Team Talks

Media Comments on Players

Tutoring

'Personal' section of player profile

etc..

If we can increase the man-management side of the game in a more fun way I'm all for it!

Yea, these are really good ideas. As manager IRL do spend most of their time with the players on training ground, the game should simulate this in some way imo.

I think this idea could add a new dimension to the game if developed properly. The players will be very rich in personality and you will really feel like being a manger by interacting with them everyday.

I know this probably wouldn't work but I'd like an option to watch your team training and to be able to tell them what to do while watching. It'd be like the match engine this year but just your team training and maybe a model regen who is you and tells the players to go warm up or something. Would be a lot easier to pick your team for the weekend then and would look good aswell.

In terms of "TOTAL Realism", the option to watch how your players train everyday simply make perfect sense. [Perhaps something similiar to match full mode, but instead, they are training]

However, this might make the game too "intense" for most casual gamers.

In terms of "TOTAL Realism", the option to watch how your players train everyday simply make perfect sense. [Perhaps something similiar to match full mode, but instead, they are training]

However, this might make the game too "intense" for most casual gamers.

The option not to watch training could be there too, for the casual gamer.

Archived