[FM09] Will loan contracts be able to extend for more than 1 year?

Hey SI,

I feel that, given the work permit clubs, that we should be able to sign contracts for more than 1 year for players, so that those players don't have to resign again just to go back the same club after just one year. Is this going to be happening in FM09?

Tevez situation is awkward he isnt on loan as he isnt owned by a club! he is on contractfor 2 years from a sports company, could this be added for more 3rd party ownership deals? maybe if you man utd ect you could get approached about a Tevez style deal?

But i agree that being able to send players to a feeder club for more than the 1 year would be a good idea especially for work permit problems etc.

Its not allowed in England due to FA rules.

How can it be against FA Rules? Surely they can't stop a club loaning a player to another club? I guess you mean in an 'official' manner but I don't think there would be anything to stop a 'managers word' type thing.

How can it be against FA Rules? Surely they can't stop a club loaning a player to another club? I guess you mean in an 'official' manner but I don't think there would be anything to stop a 'managers word' type thing.

Clubs arent allowed to loan out players right after they have bought them, there is a minimum time, it might be 6 months or maybe a year before he can go out on loan.

Clubs arent allowed to loan out players right after they have bought them, there is a minimum time, it might be 6 months or maybe a year before he can go out on loan.

Really? Didn't know that.

What an absolutely idiotic ruling.

what about ignacio gonzalez? he's on loan at newcastle after signing for valencia this summer? or are you only talking about English to English loans?

sorry if it seems i'm always trying to prove you wrong, i just want to get to the bottom of this lol

what about ignacio gonzalez? he's on loan at newcastle after signing for valencia this summer? or are you only talking about English to English loans?

sorry if it seems i'm always trying to prove you wrong, i just want to get to the bottom of this lol

Its late, I worded it wrong. I was thinking about going back to his old club but really didnt post that clearly.

Yeah Leto was a 2 year deal. Ive never seen one in England so maybe its league rules that prevent it or maybe its just not popular.

Radek Cerny was on loan from Slavia to Spurs for longer than 12 months. In fact it was an 18 month initial deal that the clubs extended, so I guess longer than a year is permitted.

Portsmouth signed OJ Kamara and loaned him the same day to Norwich for a year.

Archived