Should I give up?

Edrush

Ok i'm sure everyone has there moan and now its time for mine...for the 3rd time in a row ive been sacked as Liverpool boss after my second season. 3 times I could only manage 4th in the prem (chel, manu, arse always top) but each season i played, I won at least one domestic cup. As a Liverpool fan I find it difficult to think about starting as another team and as for LLM ... lol, relegation battle every time, even harder than the prem

I do have to say, this is without doubt the hardest CM ive played so far. Ive been playing since 97 and every version ive managed to be successful. I find this version requires too much micro managent and tactic tweaking. Not only that but I get whooped everytime by chel, manu or arsenal no matter what tactic i use- not so good when you seem to face them every CL semi final

thinking of giving up for now and seeing how 09' goes

Ok i'm sure everyone has there moan and now its time for mine...for the 3rd time in a row ive been sacked as Liverpool boss after my second season. 3 times I could only manage 4th in the prem (chel, manu, arse always top) but each season i played, I won at least one domestic cup. As a Liverpool fan I find it difficult to think about starting as another team and as for LLM ... lol, relegation battle every time, even harder than the prem

I do have to say, this is without doubt the hardest CM ive played so far. Ive been playing since 97 and every version ive managed to be successful. I find this version requires too much micro managent and tactic tweaking. Not only that but I get whooped everytime by chel, manu or arsenal no matter what tactic i use- not so good when you seem to face them every CL semi final

thinking of giving up for now and seeing how 09' goes

Well, it's up to you. If you want a much easier ride I'd recommend Arsenal - they have a great youth set up, pace in abundance (pretty much wins you game on its own sometimes) and give it a few years and they get stupidly rich.

Well, it's up to you. If you want a much easier ride I'd recommend Arsenal - they have a great youth set up, pace in abundance (pretty much wins you game on its own sometimes) and give it a few years and they get stupidly rich.

I agree earlier on I struggled to accomplish anything at all with Liverpool and I also refuse to go anyone else :). The key for me was in my tactics none of the sliding bars were too far left or right as to change the tactic it applies too. ie: a bit to the right towards attacking but never have it say attacking. I then went with a 4-5-1 with two wingers cutting in. After that I refused to touch my tactics and after a terrible first two months, I won the league and lost in the FA and Champ League Finals. I think the biggest key is not touching/tweaking your tactics at all if possible. Also at home always say "do this for the fans" and "you can win" away from home. I believe this game is so hard because the little things matter so much.

P.S. I have always thought Liverpool are tough to go in every installment until you figure out a good tac or something. The players never cut it on there own.

Don't give up, just have a look in the tactics forum. There's no need to micro-manage, this is a myth brought about by these forums. It's perfectly possible to have success just playing a simple, balance tactic.

If you don't want to do that then just download an already successful tactic and use that.

Dont give up. The 'tactics tweaking' thing IMO, is a myth. You don't always have to tweak tactics, as long as you have a decent one in the first place.

Try reading up in the tactics forum, there is a goldmine of threads on there. If not, you could try using something like Kimz tactic which I beleive is very popular, although I've never used it myself. I struggled with tactics on 07 (I think) but I found that downloading someone else tactic and seing how it works helped me no end. What I learnt by doing that, I carried over to 08 and never had a problems tactically.

Good luck :thup:

I suggest you don't give up, but it is not up to me. Try looking around the tactics forum for hints or if you want to win games straight away download a tactic with high ratings from the tactics forum.

It's a hard game to get a grasp of but stick at it and report back when you are doing well.

Oh, just something else to add. I don't personally see this changing for 09. IMO 08 got it spot on with the tactics. In 07 I found myself having to tweak alot but 08 is different. I think the balance is perfect.

So don't give up, try and learn something and it should help you out for 09 aswell :thup:

I'd say "Don't give up" - but I would advise managing a different team. I guarantee that you will learn some things which you will then be able to apply to Liverpool ... and imagine the thrill when you get offered the job at Anfield!

I'd suggest creating a new manager with "Liverpool" as your favorite club... but starting with a top League One side, or a mid-table Championship-quality side. Work on getting them promoted into the Premiership, staying up, and winning a domestic cup, e.g., perhaps the League Cup, with them.

By that point, your reputation will be high enough that you should start getting job offers from bigger clubs, and the fact that Liverpool is your favorite club all but guarantees that you'll be offered that job at some point .. though of course, they need to sack an incumbent manager to do it.

When you do come into Anfield, you'll probably be mid- to late- in a season, and have the tag end of that season to put your tactic, training, etc, into place .. but then you'll have two full summers of transfers, etc, before you hit that dreaded "Second season" .. and you'll have learned a lot along the way by virtue of not having top-quality players who can overcome any slight inefficiency in your approach through their sheer talent.

Archived