Who 2 be in Fm2009????

:)I have been playing managing sims for donkeys years. I love taking my teams from zeros to heros:)

Recently i have become really stuck for which team to play as. I usually play as Chelsea(being a Chelsea fan) or even Barnet because they are my local team, however this year in FM2009 i want a new team, and i need your help.

Would all the brilliant forum users help me with choosing a team. There are a few things i would like to ask though! Any suggestions have to follow this criteria please.

*Only teams in Europe

*No Premier Division Teams from Europoe

*No Chelsea, Barnet, Glasgow Rangers or St Albans City

Other than that please tell me any suggestions you have, tell me about your past experiences and how you managed your side.

This year i really need a challenge.

Also anybody who wants to join me in this challenge with a random side picked by someone else, feel free to do so and post your screenshots and data about your season on this thread.

From all the posts i will choose a team to back on the new FM2009 and i will update here how i do with screenshots and other bits. I need help with this guys so please the more posts the better.

Cheers!!!!:thup:

If it's small club to big club challenges you enjoy try some of these:

Dafuge's Challenge

Gundo's Challenge

JoseRR's Challenge

Rancer's Challenge

I'll also be starting a South American one when 09 is out.

Any of these challenges will give you a completely new team to manage.

I'm personally playing Gundo's challenge at the moment and must say that it's probably one of the most enjoyable games of FM I've ever had.

Cheers for that im defo gonna have a go at dafuge's challenge. I was also looking for specific teams that people have played with and have had good enjoyable seasons with. Who do u usually play with???

I'd personally have to recommend the San Marino Challenge...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=6150&highlight=marino

Has the fun of taking a team from nowhere into Serie A, combined with some extra decision making about helping players gain San Maraniese nationality, improving youth facilities to get better regens.

I'm in 2014, San Marino (Club side are in Serie A) and the National side are 79th in the rankings.

If it's small club to big club challenges you enjoy try some of these:

Dafuge's Challenge

Gundo's Challenge

JoseRR's Challenge

Rancer's Challenge

I'll also be starting a South American one when 09 is out.

Any of these challenges will give you a completely new team to manage.

I'm personally playing Gundo's challenge at the moment and must say that it's probably one of the most enjoyable games of FM I've ever had.

Count me in :) Isseemonsters started a south american zeroes to heroes challenge awhile back, there were only a few of us following it but it was good fun and a nice change of scenery. I took Oriental URU from the Uruguayan non-league to 4 consecutive league titles before winning the Libertadores and Sudamerica, and eventually the WCW. Was good fun, best save I ever had on FM, but slightly marred by the annoying league reputation issues. Still, Uruguay is a great league to start this type of challenge in. Brazil and Mexico are also good bets - they have fairly complex and unusual league structures which makes things a lot more interesting.

Stockport are newly promoted to league 1 with a very young side (avergae age around 21 / 22). Could be a nice one to take over and see how the team develops, continue the youth policy and try avoiding relgation back to the pit of the league.

Play short, passing football as well - an Arsenal lite? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

For a huge challenge why not try taking on Luton with their huge points deduction, survival should be interesting, but their squad is one of the best in the league, so it would make an interesting first season.

They are also a fallen giant, so they have the infrastructure to be a big side again, so you could take them all the way back to the top.

(I see Mark above has posted the same suggestion).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived