My player has an 'adaptability' attribute of... 22 !!!

VMX

I think this might be a bug.

I got a keeper with awesome potential, but who is having massive "personal problems" constantly. I was letting him go to his country for one month, but just the day after he came back, he would have "personal problems" again.

I didn't know what I could be doing wrong, until I decided to take a look at his hidden attributes with FM Scout... only to find that his adaptability had raised up to 22!!

I assume no attribute should ever go over 20, so I guess it's a bug. Plus, I believe some attributes (like injury proneness, adaptability, etc.) are meant to be constant during the whole carreer of a player, so that's another reason to believe it's a bug.

I checked a previous savegame to see what his adaptability was (although I believe it was already erroneously increased), and I saw it was 16, so I used FM Modifier to set it back to 16.

However, after some months in the game, I just checked and it's already 20, so I think it's been increasing itself again...

It's becoming impossible to play this keeper, but he's got a PA of 192 or something like that... I really want to keep him!! :D

Any ideas on why is this happening, or if it's actually a bug?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm in 2017 in-game, and he's a regen.

Since you are using a 3rd party program who is to say the bug isn't there instead? Also, some 3rd party programs show attributes from 1 to 100 don't they? (I've not used one myself for many many versions so I don't know, but I'm sure I remember a screenshot with player attributes up to 100).

No reason why adaptability should remain constant throughout a player's career either.

Since you are using a 3rd party program who is to say the bug isn't there instead? Also, some 3rd party programs show attributes from 1 to 100 don't they? (I've not used one myself for many many versions so I don't know, but I'm sure I remember a screenshot with player attributes up to 100).

No reason why adaptability should remain constant throughout a player's career either.

I think someone from SI said some time ago that attributes like the ones I mentioned (adaptability, injury proneness) were constant. I know that, because it was me who was suggesting that they should be variable (depending on the injuries they got, the treatments, etc.).

And I know it's not a bug with the 3rd party programs I used, because:

· The behaviour of the game was erratic: if you send a player home for one month to recover from those "personal problems" he has, he'll be alright when he comes back. He could fall depressed again after 1 more month or something (I've seen that happen, but only RARELY and when they're really young), but what CAN'T happen is that he's depressed the same day that he announces in a press conference that "his mental problems are gone" (or something like that). If you sum up that it happened to me like 7 times in a row (for 2 years now), it was obvious that something was wrong there. In fact, it was this erratic behaviour that led me to check the player with FM Scout, not the other way around.

· I checked the player with FM Scout first (which uses values from 1 to 20) and later with FM Modifier to correct it (also 1-20), which showed the exact same value. It's obvious that it's not an error with those programs. In fact, FM Scout showed the value of 22 with RED digits, as if it was trying to indicate that something was not right there.

Whats the name of the player and let someone who hasn't used a scout or an editing tool have a look at him.

Changing stuff with FM Modifier is maybe the problem.

As I said in my initial post, the player is a regen (an Uruguayan called "Ruben Pagano"). So it's not in the game database.

And, again, I didn't change ANYTHING with FM Modifier, I didn't even know it existed, didn't have it installed in my computer.

But when I saw the problem with FM Scout, I googled up something like "change player attributes" and after some research I found FM Modifier, which I downloaded, installed and used to change the player's adaptability from 22 back to 16. Never ever modified anything else with it.

I want to make clear that the bug appeared without me editing ANY game data, didn't even use the Database editor or anything in my game. Whatever is causing this, it's inside the original game.

adaptability 20 is top , you can even edit it to 200 without any results , same goes for many other values .

Good to know. Then, as I said, the bug is in the fact that the adaptability keeps increasing indefinately.

Remember I had restored the player's adaptability to 16? Well, I just checked today, and it's at 20 again.

I'm gonna set it to just 1, and see how it evolves. I'm pretty sure when I signed the player he had no adaptability problems at all, so all this started in the last 3 seasons or so... something must have made his adaptability increase in an erratic manner since then.

Screenie at all??

Well, I didn't take the screenshot when his adaptability was at 22... and now, after I reset it to 1, it keeps increasing every month or so (3, 4, 5...). A screenie wouldn't show anything special I guess.

It was weird that, despite him having an 'adaptability' attribute of 3 right now and despite of giving him the oportunity to be the first keeper for more than 1 month now (so he's no longer annoyed for being a sub), eventually the personal problems came back again, so I checked FM Scout and his adaptability had gone up to 5...

It seems like no matter what his adaptability is, he'll keep increasing that attribute and he'll keep having personal problems periodically. He's already 23 and I felt like I could never make him reach his true potential (as I have to send him back to Uruguay for one month constantly), so I decided to give up on him and sell him... god knows I tried! lol

Really weird...

It's not a bug at all.

FM stores attributes in the range of 0-100, not 0-20. The gui rounds them to the appropiate 20 mark to make the stats easier to read.

Adaptability going up from 16 (which in GUI terms is a 3-4) is good, not bad.

Erm... have you ever used FM Scout? FM Scout already rounds the attributes to 1-20... which means that his adaptability was 22 even AFTER being rounded...

the problem could be coming though his massive PA?

You say he has 192 PA - but if his GK stats are already pretty high then the game feels the need to "spend" some of his PA so that his CA increases as part of his development, and for whatever reason the game is spending it on Adaptibility when perhaps it shouldnt (and as adaptability is a hidden stat there might be problems with it going above 20 as the game isnt designed to display it in a 1-20 range, only programed as a 1-100.

A couple of suggestions that could prove/disprove this theory:

A) lower his PA to much closer to his CA using FMM so the game doesnt "spend" the difference, and then check if his Adaptability is still rising

B) Manual raise ("spend") his CA so that he reaches closer to the PA so again the game doesnt spend it on adaptability.

Check his adaptability stat again in a few months time and see what has happened?

the problem could be coming though his massive PA?

You say he has 192 PA - but if his GK stats are already pretty high then the game feels the need to "spend" some of his PA so that his CA increases as part of his development, and for whatever reason the game is spending it on Adaptibility when perhaps it shouldnt (and as adaptability is a hidden stat there might be problems with it going above 20 as the game isnt designed to display it in a 1-20 range, only programed as a 1-100.

A couple of suggestions that could prove/disprove this theory:

A) lower his PA to much closer to his CA using FMM so the game doesnt "spend" the difference, and then check if his Adaptability is still rising

B) Manual raise ("spend") his CA so that he reaches closer to the PA so again the game doesnt spend it on adaptability.

Check his adaptability stat again in a few months time and see what has happened?

Hmm... interesting suggestion! It does make sense. However, I checked his PA (which was 189 and not 192, sorry), and his CA, which was at about 160 right now. He's still 22 so it's a quite a good development pace I believe, but his stats are not that high yet - his just an average keeper right now, good technical stats but not much more. Also, his adaptability increases much faster than any of his stats. It went from 16 to 20 in less than one season, and after I reset it to 1 it went from 1 to 3 in about 2 in-game months.

I already sold him as I couldn't even play him regularly (personal problems every month), and despite his potential, he was currently worse than my first team keeper, so after 2 years trying to 'grow him up', I lost patience, lol.

Anyway I'll see if I can try that when I have time.

Thank you!

Archived