How long do you think till a scout comes out for 09?

Like many players, I love finding out who's gonna be big stars of the future with the help of a genie scout or something and then snapping them up while they're still young and relatively cheap. Its great watching as they slowly but surely break into the first team :D

Is there gonna be a scout like this packagaed with FM this year? Or if not...does anyone have any plans to make one?

Yes I know its far too early to be thinking about stuff like this, but im really excited about starting a new game of FM09!

If the reaction to the delay of Genie 08 is anything to go by then my guess is the maker won't bother. I know I wouldn't if I were him but then again my skin's about as thick as crepe paper ;)

no i wouldnt blame Genie if he didnt bring one out this year either, although i remember reading recently he's working on things for the new version, so chances are he will... i would think itll be a good few weeks after the full game release though, somewhere around xmas

Yay cheating is fun

not even going to get into that argument again.....

the reaction to genie being late was completely ridiculous, seeing as he doesnt even get paid for the work he does! personally, id have given up, and found something else to do. ungrateful swines!!

If the reaction to the delay of Genie 08 is anything to go by then my guess is the maker won't bother. I know I wouldn't if I were him but then again my skin's about as thick as crepe paper ;)
Yay cheating is fun

yaaawn. not gonna get into that with you. if you dont like it, dont use it - simple.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to FM09, in particular the media improvements and new improved transfer system.

:thup:

If I was Genie, I'd change the way the scout works and make poor players look like they'll be great, so people buy really pants players :D

im beginning to wonder just how wide your evil streak is?! :D

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to FM09, in particular the media improvements and new improved transfer system.

looking forward to this as well, just a shame its not out as early as last year. prepared to wait if it sorts the damn transfers out though...

My favourite scouting program will be out with release!

It's name is "Steve Rowley" and it's yet to let me down in my Arsenal games. :-)

But seriously, doesn't it take some of the magic away? I prefer the early days, when I might be the first to spot a superstar to share with the world.

Takes a few weeks usually after the demo has came out so that the developer(s) can tweak etc...

Genie Scout is apparently the best one, I use it sometimes to check the PA's of my new intake so I can flog the poor ones.

People who buy the game can do what they want with 3rd party software and add-ons for the game and they don't need your input as to whether they are cheating or not because quite frankly it has nothing to do with anyone other than themselves.

good grief... how many times in the last few days has this gone on???? its bloody cheating and its wrong?! ffs.. its his damn game, let him use em if he wants to.. and, by the way, as i said in another thread with this argument in...

si didnt publish any rules with fm2008, so, how in the hell can using Genie be cheating, when cheating, by definition, means breaking the rules???

the only time it can be classed as cheating is if you use it in challenges or the like, where it specifically says not to use 3rd party software.

I hope the new TRANSFER system will be so good there will be no more need to use SCOUT... I hope that the scouts themselves will be able to recognize a future talent and let you know about it.. I HOPE , I HOPE , I HOPE... because previously i didnt even care about my scouts because they dont do any good except taking my MONEY...

Why don't you just cut out the middle-man, open the pre-game editor that comes with the game and edit all the players at your club to have PA of 200? If you're going to "cheat" you might as well do it properly and in the easiest way possible!

Well said glamdring!

Archived