funny FM lines

On my current language, there are some texts that are funny, either comments or coachman's phrases.

On the game comments: (translating from my language to English)

"Theres a crazy rumble on the stands!" -when you score a goal

"Player X Scores! Hes going to take off his shirt, but he looks at the ref and stops it." -goal

"The supporters are dancing on the stands!" -goal

Another funny text happen when i commented the opponents coachman. Since his team was in danger to go to the second league this was the result:

"Soup Is Cool(me) believes that Away Manager(their coach) has magic powers! Soup Is Cool described the Away Manager as a magician: look at Norwich disappear from the Premier League!"

Others:

"I hope that Team X looses all the time!" -when you dislike a team or coach

"I don't believe in miracles." -when again you dislike a coach which team is in the last places

*and no, i don't use my forum name on FM :p

Sounds like Japanglish, which is always quite funny. Like the "looks and the ref, and stops it" bit.

That's more due to his English rather than the in-game comments ;-) In the game they say: "He looks at the ref and decides not to do it after all." or something similarly proper.

The funniest one I have seen is when it says: 'Even the manager has his head in his hands' when your player misses a sitter.

It's especially funny as half the time I actually do have my head in my hands.

lol never got that one, maybe because of the different languages

"Soup Is Cool(me) believes that Away Manager(their coach) has magic powers! Soup Is Cool described the Away Manager as a magician: look at Norwich disappear from the Premier League!"

When I first saw that, I lol'ed (laughed out loud)

The funniest one I have seen is when it says: 'Even the manager has his head in his hands' when your player misses a sitter.

It's especially funny as half the time I actually do have my head in my hands.

always reminds me of when the commentator (clive tyldesley i think) got it wrong... "oh and even keegan has got his hands in his head at that one!"

scenario (as i can't remember the exact wording)

"It's Given!!" (penalty)

"Davidov places the ball gently on the ground..." (wtf)

"he misses!!!"

"It's hit the side netting"

"Goal kick to Zemun"

How in hell do you hit the side netting from a penalty kick

With some incredible skill!

Guess it is vaguely possible if you try to curl it into top corner and miss the goal slightly so it then bends into the side netting

Sorry if I just stamped all over your, quite frankly, amusing point

no i thought i'd do a bit of investigating, and watched the highlights...

turns out, the keeper saved it, and it got pushed wide, davidov followed up with a shot from the by-line and thus resulting in the side-netting, thus making this a not funny line at all :| time waster

Dean Ashton is on the ball for England. He's roughly a metre from the byline at the end England are attacking. He blasts it out of play.

"Ashton clears the danger."

Lol, yeah see this one way too often for my liking

Also love it when the ball trickles out of play and the commentary says: "Player X hits it into row Z"

Archived