Ass man upsetting everybody

in my games if i have a fairly easy run of games or im getting a little bored i like to go on holiday for a month or so and leave my assisant in charge. but when i come back all my players are unhappy and crying that their not getting enough credit. i understand that my ass isnt praising them after games in team talks and so on. is this due to a specific low or high stat of my assman?

and also what are the key attributes for an assman to have?

thanks

i understand that my ass isnt praising them after games in team talks and so on.

:D Priceless.

Anyways, ass man team talks are always pretty woeful even if you set him to give them when you take charge of matches, so it's not really attribute based as far as I know, but it is best to avoid leaving him in charge.

if i go out or something i like to keep FM running. i thought he could do a good job, i didnt realise he was an unsensitive idiot. i tell him to keep the same tactics and lineup and my team usually get good results but like i say my team are always blubbering when i return. maybe they miss me?

could it not be something to do with his man management or motivating attribute or something like that?

There is a wider underlying point though - that the team talks suggested by assistant managers (maybe some are better than others if they have better stats, but all mine have been bad) are regularly appallingly bad, both in terms of the effect they have on the rest of that game and also the player reaction afterwards.

Man Management and Motivation are the two stats you're looking for here. I'd also suggest that, for an A.M. who is running your team while you're out, good Judging Current Ability, Discipline, and Tactics will be pretty important.

i never learnt my lesson from fm07 and went on holiday after wrapping up the title before the CL final. although we won 1 and drew 1, the morale going into the final was terrible because of the assmans teamtalks and we lost against madrid, last years victims in the final.

altough i personally don't use assman teamtalks etc, it needs fixing. there is no reason for your right hand man to destroy morale so drastically.

I'm managing Chelsea and my ass man is Henk ten Cate. Our 4th season was drawing to a close, we had just won the league cup and won the Premier League with 7 more league games to go and then the FA cup final match. I didn't feel like playing those 7 league games since we already won the league, so I went on vacation for a month and came back a few days before the FA cup final takes place. While I was away my ass man won 6 and drew 1 out of those 7 league games and morale was superb. We then beat Newcastle 3-1 in the FA cup final. So my experience with my ass man has been pretty good.

I've only ever put my ass man in charge of the odd friendly game, and every time he's upset the players. I tend to find that in friendlies when your playing much worse opposition, even if you stick 4 or 5 past them he will say he's angry or disappointed. That's not a realistic way to behave. It's possible that the team may not have played as well as they could do, but it's only a friendly and the team still won comfortably.

I also tend to find his half time and full time suggestions ridiculous at times. He's often said angry when I'm winning. This imo is a major flaw in the game and has been for years, although atleast there's a simple solution. Do it yourself.

Archived