Most dissapointing aspect of a long term game.

After playing this game for years and reading alot of posts it's still apparent that after many seasons clubs just dont have the common savy to buy good players or train them from young. the amount of quality players in the game player for player halfs.

cant some more research be done so that in 20 years time, teams still develope and build quality squads?

the ai needs to have a better grasp of when to keep young players and sell older players (instead of giving them length contracts that tie up the wage bill) but the biggest ai flaw at the moment is not buying players for the positions it needs

hence you get situations such as man utd or chelsea being stuck with championship level keepers because that's all they have left in the squad, whilst spending millions on top strikers when they already have four or five better players on their books.

I'm surprised that nobody is focusing wholey on the longevity of a save game. To still have interest in playing one of your save games for twenty or thirty years is lacking. Mainly because the young player that come out are terrible or have a lot of potential but have shocking mental attributes and playing attributes. After Fabregas retires you will never see a player like him again.

They need to change the way youth players are generated. The attributes are really unbalanced ie. a defender with finishing 17 and tackling 3. Also if you pick only the english league most of the promising youngsters are from england and spain... france, italy have terrible players or only ghost players. I would like to be able and more realistically sign players from abroad that have a lot of talent and the talent should be spread out among countries that usually produce good players. There should not be a situation where because i picked the english and spanish league only english and spanish players are any good.

The rate of the inflation of prices also needs to be sorted. in 2012 i was signing players that were mediocre for 18 million.

The reputation of teams should not be so quick to diminish. After chelsea came 6th one season in my game most of their team wanted to move to a bigger club.

Lastly the situation in my game (2028) is that in the champions league no teams stand a chance against the english clubs... this is because i picked the english league. Now in my game there are a handful of properly good players and then players that are attracting massive bids who have terrible attributes. Nobody's attributes are as good as players from the start of the game ie. fabregas, scholes, etc. and when a player does have good stats they are inbalanced ie. strikers having marking 18 and tackling 19.

Also it annoys me that you play against barcelona in the champions league and messi doesn't even pose a threat. when you look at his stats it's almost like the championship manager team are trying to limit how good a players stats can actually be and so messi has dribbling 18 (wtf) balance 16, agility 17 etc. thats not realistic. he should have 20 is these stats and maybe then he would pose a threat when you play against him.

sorry for the long post but i like to play my savegame for a long time and it gets worse as the years go by. if i start a new game all my work is lost.

When i have played long term games via the net with my m8. to keep things as realistic as possible i used to use an ingame editor and any player i liked the name of i gave him stats and CA and PA as i felt fit. basicly i played god and made players..

because i spent so many hours doing so many players i didnt remember who was who allthough the odd one stuck out.. i dont consider it cheating because using the player search any well known player with good stats was visible to see any was so if i was bidding for Gerrard or a regen that had similer attributes they are clear to see if they are any good. it's no different from loading the game up for the first time and thinking yopu will go and buy henry because you know he's good.

Your club either has the finances or it doesnt. and it keeps the top clubs at the top and more realism after many years are still inline with modern day football..

For people who play long tern games you could allow some one to alter player with in your game using an in game editor and then give it back. that way you wouldnt know what player thay have tamperd with and it would keep you regenerated player and teams to a more realistic level..

A lot of good points made by scintilla there. I think you're off the mark saying it's impossible to have a long term game, but the limitations you talk about certainly come in.

What I would say though, regarding your point on 'out of place' stats is that proper training will help correct this - for the example you give, reduce his defending training to nil and boost his attacking and shooting accordingly. Really, that's something you want to be doing anyway.

Also, as for poor mental and physical stats, it's true that you don't see 'ready-made' wonderkids coming through, but these without doubt improve over time - it's takes the right balance of giving them games, loaning them out and decent training, and these should all improve a lot.

Btw, I do agree the system is flawed as it stands. I would be very disappointed if this isn't something SI have worked hard on for the next version. I do recall a thread looking at quality of regens, it had a lot of data and I'm sure a few guys from SI took a very keen interest in it, whether that translates to an overhaul is obviously a different matter.

I notice that talented young players who find form still struggle to get international call-ups. It's as if reputation is the only consideration when calling players up for international duty.

A lot of good points made by scintilla there. I think you're off the mark saying it's impossible to have a long term game, but the limitations you talk about certainly come in.

What I would say though, regarding your point on 'out of place' stats is that proper training will help correct this - for the example you give, reduce his defending training to nil and boost his attacking and shooting accordingly. Really, that's something you want to be doing anyway.

Also, as for poor mental and physical stats, it's true that you don't see 'ready-made' wonderkids coming through, but these without doubt improve over time - it's takes the right balance of giving them games, loaning them out and decent training, and these should all improve a lot.

Btw, I do agree the system is flawed as it stands. I would be very disappointed if this isn't something SI have worked hard on for the next version. I do recall a thread looking at quality of regens, it had a lot of data and I'm sure a few guys from SI took a very keen interest in it, whether that translates to an overhaul is obviously a different matter.

Just in response to what Bermybhoy said,

I don't think it's impossible to have a long term game. whenever i get a new football manager i usually play for about 20 - 30 years in the game without starting a new one. I'm just saying the savegame gets worse as the years go by. By the year 2020 the transfer market is in tatters. there's hardly any promising players that haven't been already signed by massive clubs etc. The thing is, the excitement of the game goes because of these things.

Also in regards to what you said about the training regimes for youngers with unbalanced attributes - on certain occasions it works and their attributes after 2 seasons will balance out... but sometimes when a players attributes are very unbalanced after 3 or 4 years of training the difference is miniscule.

I think the issue here is on the AI, not on the regen system itself.

I suspect that:

1. The AI doesn't use a very good training schedule, and

2. The AI uses the General training schedule for each player rather than having position-dependant ones

3. The AI doesn't get players on Full-Time contracts as quickly as it possibly can, and

4. The AI doesn't concentrate on getting high-PA players playing time.

The latter, I suspect, has the biggest impact here - the top teams can buy up all of the high-PA players, but they don't really understand how to bring them along. They aren't aggressive enough about loaning them out, they aren't aggressive enough about getting them playing time, etc.

You can really see this in the MLS, where the regular season isn't really the most important thing in the world, and the draft generates players with good PA but a CA that is a bit too low. The low CA causes the AI not to include the player on the substitutes' bench, and not to give them playing time .. while a human player can decide to use his 6th and 7th substitutes' bench slots for young players, and bring them on only in games which are already won, etc. Even giving them occasional starts during fixture-congestion, etc. The human's drafted players will develop more than the AI's.

Multiply that effect by *every team in the world* suffering from the same problem, except for the human's team .. and twenty years later, you have fewer ultra-high CA players, and many of the ones that do exist have been groomed by the human player.

I use the editor before I start a game to change the training and youth facilities of most of the top clubs from each country. All the clubs in the premiership, La Liga and Serie A. This works great and my game has a constant flow of top class youngsters comming through the ranks at different clubs. Makes the game more competitive as well.

I use the editor before I start a game to change the training and youth facilities of most of the top clubs from each country. All the clubs in the premiership, La Liga and Serie A. This works great and my game has a constant flow of top class youngsters comming through the ranks at different clubs. Makes the game more competitive as well.

Funny you should say that m8, using fmm i up the standerds of other nations football and improve there training grounds after time to try and get the game more balanced and get a new challenge from soem minow 3rd world country.

Funny you should say that m8' date=' using fmm i up the standerds of other nations football and improve there training grounds after time to try and get the game more balanced and get a new challenge from soem minow 3rd world country.[/quote']

both good ideas, i'll use fmm to rekindle my interest in my arsenal game. i'll also increase the training & youth facilities for some lower & non league clubs. i used to love finding lower league players who were better than their clubs.

both good ideas, i'll use fmm to rekindle my interest in my arsenal game. i'll also increase the training & youth facilities for some lower & non league clubs. i used to love finding lower league players who were better than their clubs.

If you can handle doing it, using the Fmm editor what you can also do to bost top teams youth set ups around europe is edit the regens, If you like a name of a particuler player but is Pa is only 75, Id reinvent him to a new possition and create realistic stats along with some preferd moves..

With the top clubs i noticed even player aged 21 who had over 130 CA would get sold from club to club making very thew apperances.. it's so anoying when you see a world class player to be aged 21 at a club like Arsenal get sold to newcastle for 19 million then Arsenal go out and spend 18 mill on a 31 year old who's on his diyning legs..

These are all problems that could be sorted out quite easily i think. As long as there is a consistant stream of good youth players and there is more of a chance that they will have good mental attributes. And as long as their clubs recognise their talent and can train them. That's all that needs to happen. I think more measures should be made to keep the transfer market in check as well. bad players are sold for crazily high prices ie. in my game Matthew Connolly (CB for Arsenal) came up through the ranks at arsenal. his PA is 155. He was sold for 30.5 Million.

These are all problems that could be sorted out quite easily i think. As long as there is a consistant stream of good youth players and there is more of a chance that they will have good mental attributes. And as long as their clubs recognise their talent and can train them. That's all that needs to happen. I think more measures should be made to keep the transfer market in check as well. bad players are sold for crazily high prices ie. in my game Matthew Connolly (CB for Arsenal) came up through the ranks at arsenal. his PA is 155. He was sold for 30.5 Million.

Thats true to life though. An overpriced Englishmen.... OMG who would have thought. Next someone will want to spend £18m on Barry and £17m on Bentley.

Thats true to life though. An overpriced Englishmen.... OMG who would have thought. Next someone will want to spend £18m on Barry and £17m on Bentley.

or 20 mill for Keane at age 28. if he plays his 4 years with is wages he will end up costing in the regens of 35 million, if you set his fee against the sale of crouch obviously the fee is alot less. in 4 seasons i hope he can at least score 80 goals and at least get 60 assists

My issue is sometimes the stats go wrong, i.e 'so and so is making his 75th career league apperance for braintree' when really its half that. Plus it said I had won 2 domestic titles, but I'd won 4....

Your all right about the top teams not bringing on youth, in my game the bottom 5 in the prem currently contains Man U, Chelsea & liverpool!! On the flip side leeds are top 6 team now as are southampton and Fulham.

Archived