How improve the regens quality of small nations ?

I want to create a database where the level of world football is improved and more fair, with for exemple China, India, USA, Phillipines, Iran or Malaisia the equivalents of Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, etc.

But how improve youth academies of these small nations of foobtall ? What can I do for having better regens ?

Having 20/20 in youth academies quality isn't good enough, almost useless like winning trophies. I heard about Game Importance (Very Important, Important, Unimportant or Useless meaning how football is important in the country) and League Reputation influencing on the quality of regens. Is it true ?

PS : too bad it seems you can't change the distribution of countries by continent in editing the World Cup (only 4 asian nations can qualify to the world cup against 14 for Europe)

This. You can find it in the editor, just pick a nation and look through options, it should be there. It has a range of 1-200, the more, the better.

Is this an exclusive feature of FM12 ? I've never seen this before and I don't think it's works.

Did you just call China, India, USA, Phillipines, Iran or Malaisia for small nations?

Combined they have a population of 3.3 billion people :D

Read the complete sentence, it's true to say these countries are small nations of football (China = Table Tennis, India = Cricket, USA = US Foot, Baseball, Phillipines = basket, poor football, Iran = poor football, Malaisia = poor football)

Read the complete sentence, it's true to say these countries are small nations of football (China = Table Tennis, India = Cricket, USA = US Foot, Baseball, Phillipines = basket, poor football, Iran = poor football, Malaisia = poor football)

US soccer isn't a small nation of football/soccer. They just don't get enough of them to play professionally. Considering how new professional soccer is in USA/Canada, it's quite an accomplishment. I wouldn't lump them with those Asian nations, more like Japan/Korea in terms of talent level compared with Asian nations, and they produce around the same amount of quality newgens in most saves.

US soccer isn't a small nation of football/soccer. They just don't get enough of them to play professionally. Considering how new professional soccer is in USA/Canada, it's quite an accomplishment. I wouldn't lump them with those Asian nations, more like Japan/Korea in terms of talent level compared with Asian nations, and they produce around the same amount of quality newgens in most saves.

Yes, soccer is a popular sport to play in US but they don't have enough professional academies and clubs to raise their young players, and their preformation is poor this is why USA are a small nation power of football.

Japan and Korea are good because they invest a lot of money since the 90's but China will probably become a power of football in the next 20 years with Hong Kong FC and Shanghai Shenhua as the equivalent of Real Madrid and Manchester City.

It was a joke.. thought it was very very obvious :rolleyes:

A joke is supposed to be funny but you are forgiven. :)

LOL

Herter, you should better promise to make funny jokes only in the future ;)

Maybe we could have a poll first to see if a joke is really funny.

And while we are at it, let's apply that test to the funny screenshots thread as well.

LOL

Herter, you should better promise to make funny jokes only in the future ;)

Maybe we could have a poll first to see if a joke is really funny.

And while we are at it, let's apply that test to the funny screenshots thread as well.

Nothing to do with the subject, but you and Herter are very old, you join the forum in 2003 :eek: You must have an impressive knowledge in FM and its game engine.

Youth Rating are a good way, but it's not the only thing you need to do. For some countries, like Poland or China it will be enough to raise their youth rating and they will produce plenty of quality regens. But for some other like India and Malaysia you need to do so much more. Raise the reputation and facilities of the clubs, raise the importance of the game in the country for example.

In my current save, one of my best ever in FM, i have raised the youth rating for several countries that has a large population. The problem is that sure, they will produce a few players with potential to come and play in the top divisions in Europe. The problem is: They will get released by their clubs when their initial contract expires (their reputation are too high, the clubs reputation are too low, the club don't have any money for such a good player) and they will eventually retire after 1-2 years as free agent internationals as no European club will buy them since the clubs in Europe doesn't know about them (reputation again...).

Youth Rating are a good way, but it's not the only thing you need to do. For some countries, like Poland or China it will be enough to raise their youth rating and they will produce plenty of quality regens. But for some other like India and Malaysia you need to do so much more. Raise the reputation and facilities of the clubs, raise the importance of the game in the country for example.

In my current save, one of my best ever in FM, i have raised the youth rating for several countries that has a large population. The problem is that sure, they will produce a few players with potential to come and play in the top divisions in Europe. The problem is: They will get released by their clubs when their initial contract expires (their reputation are too high, the clubs reputation are too low, the club don't have any money for such a good player) and they will eventually retire after 1-2 years as free agent internationals as no European club will buy them since the clubs in Europe doesn't know about them (reputation again...).

Thanks for your complete anwser. To be honest, I hope this will also work for FM 2007, my favorite FM, if not I will use FM 2012 or waiting 2013.

Nothing to do with the subject, but you and Herter are very old, you join the forum in 2003 :eek: You must have an impressive knowledge in FM and its game engine.

Did you just call me old?.. VERY old even? :D but thank you assuming we have such an impressive knowledge on FM and the match engine.. its quite wrong in my case though :D

Assuming you are serious, of course I have lots of experience with the game, having played it for 19 :eek: years now.

However anybody half as old as me can have more knowledge about the current ME if spending more time on the game and if having a good understanding of rl football.

Archived