Reserves?

My team has gradually got promoted through the divisions and I've grown the squad as we've grown in stature. Unfortunately I've never had a reserve side and it would be really useful now. I've had chats with the board but can't find any way of asking them to enter a reserve side league. Does anyone know if this is possible or is it that once you don't have a reserve side you can never have one??

Many thanks

Hmm, thanks. Im in England so there are reserve leagues available. The board ask me if I wish to continue with a U18 side, which i always do, but they never offer me a reserve side. Just wondered whether there was a way to interact with them to get a reserve side up and running.

I haven't managed in England in the last two editions of FM, so I'm only guessing...

Maybe there are only a set number of available slots for reserve teams. So before you're offered an empty slot another team must withdraw their reserve team?

At the start of pre-season in England, at the same time as you would be asked about the under 18s league. You should be asked. I often don't run a reserve team in the league so often withdraw. I still get asked at the start of the new season. So it can't be to do with a team withdrawing. It may be to do with your rep. Although I'm not 100% sure. The reserve leagues are also split into area leagues as well.

Not sure if the same thing, but I asked if you could enter your reserve team into a competition, becuase like you I managed a low club to top tier and my reserves only got games from friendlies I set up.

The asnswer I got was no, if your reserves do not play in a comp at the start of the game, they never would.

Hope that helped.

I'm hoping they put some more work into this for the next FM. For example, if you don't have a league for your reserve team, you won't get any reserve games during the season unless you arrange friendlies manually - it would be great to have an option for the ass man to arrange them during the season, the way he does in the pre-season.

Archived