Managerial merry go round.

This has probably been posted a number of times, but it is quite surreal to see some of the managerial changes that take place.

AVB for everyone (he's been sacked at least five times and I'm in the summer of 2016), and is currently in Italy (or was it Germany???).

Moyes at Man City. Not a bad idea but his assistant is Hermann "Herminator" Hreidarsson, and two of his coaches are Carragher and Gerrard (I poached Carra back to be my Liverpool AssManager).

Avram Grant took over Man Utd, and has done an ok job.

Mick McCarthy plying his trade at Chelsea and not very well.

Martin Jol keeping Arsenal struggling to reach 4th place.

Also interesting that Frank Lampard joined Man Utd as a coach after his playing days and Rio Ferdinand went back to his roots as a West Ham coach to name but a few.

Mcleish was sacked as Villa manager on my save game so it is very unrealistic, irl we will never be rid of the loser...

seriously tho what bugs me most is that someone will be sacked for example Mcleish, then Bolton manager takes the job, then Bolton appoints Mcleish. In other words what annoys me is clubs 'manager trading'. How often irl does sacked manager take charge of his replacements old club, or how often does he even get a new job within a week anyway?

I've had a few and i'm in 2014/15... AVB was sacked at Chelsea and Fiorentina before joining Newcastle. Arsene Wenger was sacked and joined Real (Jose moved to Chelsea), in his place was Van Gaal, he got sacked after losing his first 8 games. Matthew Upson became the Bolton manager. For England, Capello won the world cup in 2014 and retired to be replaced by a random 55 year old who just appeared in the game.

A couple of ways to deal with this:

Modify top clubs' tactical preferences so they're less likely to hire managers that use 442 (McCarthy, Shearer, Pulis, etc.)

Increase managerial job preference, CA and home/world reputation of staff you would like to see emerge as managerial contenders (I've done this with Bergkamp, Rijkaard, Solskjaer, Jamie Redknapp, added Dragan Stojkovic, etc.)

You'll obviously still get the odd appointment here and there, but it should prevent Mick McCarthy from making a tour of top 5 sides before landing at Barcelona.

AVB on my game did quite well. Managed Chelsea until he quit to take the England job, stayed there for 3 seasons, until he left for Juventus. And Guardiola ended up quitting Barca for Spain on my game too, but Mourinho is still at Madred.

The firing that annoyed me was Rémi Garde winning the Euro Championship, then was immediately sacked the next day by France.

On mine, Shearer was manager of Newcastle in second season, in the relegation zone and talked about being sacked every week, when he then walks into the Liverpool job!

AVB has already been sacked too, and Van Gaal is under a lot of pressure right now, with Chelsea doing poorly.

The firing that annoyed me was Rémi Garde winning the Euro Championship, then was immediately sacked the next day by France.

International management is just really messed up at the moment. There are mass sackings/resignations after every major tournament and, for some reason, a bunch of them retire immediately afterwards. I have yet to see Guardiola remain in management beyond age 48.

Archived