How to add relegation wage drop...

I have a small problem, I have an older player who's contract is about to expire at the end of the season. He still has good technical attributes, and has scored a few vital goals, so I want to offer him another year.

It's currently March 2nd 2012 and he's requesting £25k a week untill June 2013.. and a year extension if he plays 20 games.. which is fine.

But I can't add 'relegation wage drop' it's greyed out?

We are not yet safe in the Premier League and we could still go down. And if we do go down, I want his wage lowering.. because I'm not paying him £25k a week in the Championship. But the option is greyed out, like I was only offering him a deal untill the end of the current season.

I find it strange. If I was only offering him a deal untill the end of 2012 [the current season] I could understand it. But I'm offering him a deal untill the end of the following season.

If I offer him a 2 year deal, or longer (untill 2014 or 2015 or 2016 etc) I can add a relegation wage drop.. I can't offer him a deal untill 2012, I assume because his current deal runs untill 2012 anyway.

I could understand not being able to add a relegation wage drop, if I was offering him a deal untill the end of the current season, and not the following season.

nlrJD.jpg

oVwGx.jpg

LbSWB.jpg

That seems a bit strange, is it still greyed out on the bottom screenshot?

What is the skin you are using?

No it's not greyed out on the bottom screen shot.

It's only greyed out, on the shortest contract I can offer him (untill 2013).

It's just a custom skin I've done for myself, do you think it could be down to the skin?

No it's not greyed out on the bottom screen shot.

It's only greyed out, on the shortest contract I can offer him (untill 2013).

It's just a custom skin I've done for myself, do you think it could be down to the skin?

That's strange it's only there on a longer contract. Could be worth a quick check in the bugs forum to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Don't think it would be the skin, just thought it looked pretty cool.

That's strange it's only there on a longer contract. Could be worth a quick check in the bugs forum to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Don't think it would be the skin, just thought it looked pretty cool.

Yeah, I thought it was strange. I'll have a quick search in the bugs forum. :thup:

Ah ok, I'll be uploading it to the Skins forum when I've finished. (there's still a few minor issues that need sorting)

Edit:

Yeah, it's not the skin. (I checked, just to be sure)

gJcrX.jpg

There is not problem.....

1.You are in march 2012

2. second screenshots: you offer him a contract from 1/7-2012 until 30/6-2013, the reason it's greyed out is, if you do get relegated he's out of contract that summer.

3. the game/player do not take into account if you get relegated in your current season, as he is joining you next season

you offer him a contract from 1/7-2012 until 30/6-2013

Where does it say the contract starts 1/7? Surely it would start immediately? Every time I've offered a player a new contract it starts immediately, not at the start of the next season. Relegation wage drop should definitely be an option.

Anyway, why not just wait to offer him a contract? Why the rush to do it now? Is he attracting interest from other clubs who could "Bosman" him?

Where does it say the contract starts 1/7? Surely it would start immediately? Every time I've offered a player a new contract it starts immediately, not at the start of the next season. Relegation wage drop should definitely be an option.

Anyway, why not just wait to offer him a contract? Why the rush to do it now? Is he attracting interest from other clubs who could "Bosman" him?

Then maybe it's beacause he already made enough points for Wigan, so it's not possible to relegate this season.

You are miss reading it!!

It is 2012, his current contract ends by years end right?

His new contract is only for 2012-13 season, and Extra year. His current contract is still in effect until June 2012, AFTER the season is finalised. If he extends it by another year, he cannot accept a wage drop because His new contract you are trying to get him to sign now will not cross seasons, remember the contract you are negotiating right now is an EXTENSION on his current one.

You cannot be relegated while he is in that new one year contract, well you can at end of 2013 season, but his contract will be up.

His new contract is only for 2012-13 season, and Extra year. His current contract is still in effect until June 2012, AFTER the season is finalised. If he extends it by another year, he cannot accept a wage drop because His new contract you are trying to get him to sign now will not cross seasons, remember the contract you are negotiating right now is an EXTENSION on his current one.

You cannot be relegated while he is in that new one year contract, well you can at end of 2013 season, but his contract will be up.

Nah - if that were the case he'd stay on the same wage until his current contract was up, which doesn't happen. A new contract takes effect from the minute it has been signed.

It seems that the game is working in the way you suggest, but in that case it's a bug and not because OP is misreading the screen.

Have you ever offered a new contract before the current one expires? Does it start immediately? The game should be allowing the relegation wage drop clause as Rivaldo's contract will start the moment he signs it, not in the summer of 2012.

I gave him a new contact untill the end of next season (started 3rd March 2012) I managed to get him down to £18k a week.

If we get relegated he will still be on £18k a week next season in the Championship, as I couldn't offer him a relegation wage drop.

And yes, we can still get relegated.

5PvMm.jpg

kiq7L.jpg

Archived