Minor, non-game-changing improvements for FM13 and beyond...

We all have our own ideas I'm sure of what we'd like in the game. Some want revolutionary things and constant progression of the series, to end up with a Fifa12 style ME alongside the traditional database depth and presentation of FM. But what little things to people really, really want? The type of things you know yourself don't really make a huge difference to how the game works or is played, but are for you would be the 'icing on the cake' for FM?

For me, the main one which bugs me (even when it's fairly insignificant in reality) is the transfer rumours page should be a little more vague. The media rarely know the true ins and outs of transfers nowadays, 90% of transfer fees are undisclosed, so the press speculate wildly about the fee and wages. In FM you see really specific rumours like 'Club A may have to pay £1.65m for Player B'. It may only be an aesthetic change but I'd like to see the numbers being quoted as more 'rounded' figures, to reflect the subjectivity of the rumour. 'Club A are interested in Player B and a bid of around £1.5m could be enough'. I think it's weird how it's supposed to be media 'gossip' and yet the game has the numbers 100% accurate for how much the transfer will be worth. Likewise I'd like to see the numbers being quoted reflecting a projected sale price rather than the player's current in-game value. If a player is worth £1.2m he is always wanted by a club for £1.2m, instead of the press suggesting a club may have to bid £2.5m to buy him. Also the press should talk about a player's wage demands or what a club might offer him as personal terms, 'Player E is holding out for 50k a week from Club F'. This could be true or untrue (I understand this is how rumours currently work anyway) but would add a little more depth to the game without being too complicated to implement.

I'd like to see a public/private option for transfers too, so if you set it to private, the fee is 'undisclosed'. The game knows and could report it as 'Team X have signed Player Y for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £5m'. I should point out this might be in the game already, but I have no idea how to do it if so!

The match reports could include more details too, like players hitting the woodwork, or details of an assist, or a clear cut chance that should have been scored: 'Van Persie went close when he struck the upright in the 36th minute, but it was Aston Villa who opened the scoring just before half time when Agbonlahor's cross was turned home from close range by Bent'.

I'd like signing-on bonuses/agent fees to return as well, in addition to the loyalty bonus, as my understanding is these clauses are not universal, across the board. Maybe one player gives his agent a 10% cut of a transfer, another only 5%. And not all players have loyalty bonuses whilst others do.

Added clauses when buying a player, like extra fees to pay the selling club if the player keeps your side up (sort of like the promotion bonus), or the ability to loan a player back (I know you can set 'end of season' but it's not the same thing!

In the ME, the dugouts look silly to me, stretching across 2/3rds of the pitch and 5 or 7 subs sitting a mile apart from each other. They should be smaller and the subs closer together; likewise have the physio sitting in there for when he's needed, and when a player is stretchered off, have him actually get stretchered off (by the shortest possible route!!). Its a bit of a farce when a player gets a broken leg and walks off ahead of the physio. The ball goes through the stand when it's cleared; it should bounce around or something within the stadium, to make it feel more 'solid' and realistic.

Well, that's my ten pence anyhow. I should point out I love the game, thought I was going off it a little after 10 & 11 but 12 has won me back around. I just think there's a few very tiny things that could make it perfect. VERY bored tonight so forgive my random soapboxing!

I was actually thinking about the "loan a player back" clause the other day. We see this happen more and more these days in football and it would definitely be an interesting clause in a future FM.

Same actually, wast just after seeing Kevin De Bryune (Spelling) go to Chelsea then right back to Genk. Would be good to be able to do that.

Same actually, wast just after seeing Kevin De Bryune (Spelling) go to Chelsea then right back to Genk. Would be good to be able to do that.

Yeah I sort of wonder why it hasn't been included in the game before. It is very simple and happens more and more these days. This would be especially good for smaller clubs who struggle to keep hold of their stars - getting that last few months out of them before permenantly saying goodbye could be incredibly useful.

I'd actually like some manager clauses, stuff like promotion 20% club wage increase (the amount of times I've been stuck on the same budget after a promotion is head wrecking!) and even some personal ones like bonuses for winning a cup, may not have any actual meaning but I think it'd give a nice touch.

I'd actually like some manager clauses, stuff like promotion 20% club wage increase (the amount of times I've been stuck on the same budget after a promotion is head wrecking!) and even some personal ones like bonuses for winning a cup, may not have any actual meaning but I think it'd give a nice touch.

Yeah manager contract clauses would be interesting and give more depth to the manager contract.

The bonuses for winning a cup could have a meaning if this idea was introduced - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296402-Manager-Earnings-League-Table

The match reports could include more details too, like players hitting the woodwork, or details of an assist, or a clear cut chance that should have been scored: 'Van Persie went close when he struck the upright in the 36th minute, but it was Aston Villa who opened the scoring just before half time when Agbonlahor's cross was turned home from close range by Bent'.

This would translate as:

'Van Persie went close when he struck the upright in the 9th, 15th, 22nd, and 36th minute, but it was Aston Villa who opened the scoring just before half time when Agbonlahor's cross bounced off Kosickneys arse and was turned home from close range by Bent in a total fluke goal - Aston Villa went on to win the match 1-0.'

Yeah manager contract clauses would be interesting and give more depth to the manager contract.

The bonuses for winning a cup could have a meaning if this idea was introduced - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296402-Manager-Earnings-League-Table

I'd be looking for free to talk clauses being introduced, all too often I'm asked to resign if I have the temerity to apply for a job at a bigger club or one in a higher division.

Clubs should also be more proactive in trying to keep a successful manager who is heavily linked to another job, every so often you'll get a news item saying that your board hope you decide to stay but they'll make no attempt to convince you with a better contract or budget increases/financial promises, of course the board would be free to break these promises which can give you cause to resign.

Definitely - the Board could:

Offer New Contract

Increase Wage Budget

Increase Transfer Budget

Allow more coaches/scouts

Increase Stadium

Increase percentage of transfer fees

etc.

Basically if you're linked to a club heavily, the Board should be coming to you and saying we'd like you stay then offer a list of things that you can already ask the Board.

The 'end of season' transfer option is pretty much exactly what we see happening.

Take De Bruyne as an example. Deal done in January, contract agreed etc but he will move to Chelsea in June.

The media have labelled it as 'loaned back' but this isn't true. The player's registration is yet to be moved to Chelsea so they haven't loaned him to Genk - he's simply not registered for Chelsea yet.

YOUTH PLAYERS

I want players that come from the Youth Academy/Youth Recruitment that is -very- loyal to their mother club if it has a Continental reputation or higher.

I'd like some Youth players to come with Preferred Moves. Some start playing at the age of 5-6, and of course they have developed favorite moves when they are 14/15/16 years of age.

The manager view is something I've been wanting for what seems like ever now. Basicly a view from the managers perspective, for those who want immersive football.

Kevin De Bruyne? :D

I'd love to see FM go back to the previous method of scouting. The current system and the whole "one day report" really irks me. I hire a Brazilian scout and he comes with full knowledge of Brazil...ok. He gives me a list of 90 players or so. Fine. Now, I want you to go and find me the best players under the age of 25. Comes back the next day with a list of 80 or so, the highest of which is 4 stars. I then turn around an send another scout with absolutely no knowledge of Brazil to look for the same group. Guess what? He comes back a few months later with 125 or so, some of which are 5 stars (even according to the Brazilian scout that I used to get a second opinion.) That Brazilian scout? I occasionally send him back out to Brazil as I cycle through his assignments, but he never seems to find the quality of players the other scout does, even though he theoretically (higher determination, JCA and JPA) is the better scout. Overall, I've found it better to send scouts out to any country other than ones they have "full" knowledge of.

Mostly interface stuff for me:

-When changing the match preparation, I want an option to change it for just one match and then have it go back to a selected default automatically. I sometimes change it before a match, and then I keep forgetting to put it back! Training heavy defensive positioning might give me an edge in that big game in Europe (though, who knows for sure, to be honest), but having my guys still doing it when I play Minnows F.C. in the cup the next week is probably a bit of a waste.

-Drop or redesign the training level bars. In all the years they've been in the game, no one has been able to figure out just what the heck, if anything, they're supposed to represent.

-When I change to a saved formation during a match, all the opposition settings and shouts are reset. Fix that, please.

Archived