How do loyalty bonuses work?

I assumed that this amount for a sum of money paid out to player in return for him staying loyal to the club.

I presumed it worked in 1 of 2 ways:

- The amount would be paid in full at the end of the contract as a bonus for reamining with the club

- The amount would be paid in installments which would total the full amount by the end of the contract as an extra incentive to remain with the club

So, why is it that when I go to sell one of my players I am told that I will have to pay the remainder of the loyalty bonus to the player? Surely, the player should only recieve the full bonus amount if they see out their entire contract at the club. It kind of defeats the purpose of it being a LOYALTY bonus.

• SI Staff

Unless the player asks for a transfer he is entitled to the full loyalty bonus. If he requests a transfer then he doesn't get the rest of his loyalty bonus.

Think that's the way it works anyway.

• 3 months later...

How does the bonus work if the player leaves on a Bosman at the end of their contract? Because the news items I am getting when clubs offer a contract to a player with 6 months of their contract to run is saying I have to pay off their Loyalty Bonus which doesn't seem right.

How does the bonus work if the player leaves on a Bosman at the end of their contract? Because the news items I am getting when clubs offer a contract to a player with 6 months of their contract to run is saying I have to pay off their Loyalty Bonus which doesn't seem right.

If he is leaving because his contract has expired then you will have paid him his full loyalty bonus by that time anyway.

Along the same lines as the OP's question, the player saw out his full contract with you, which is what the loyalty bonus rewards. Remember, you negotiated the bonus for the length of that particular contract and the terms were fulfilled.

If he is leaving because his contract has expired then you will have paid him his full loyalty bonus by that time anyway.

Yeah but some offers are coming up with a news item saying I have to pay the bonus, and others aren't. Obviously I realise now that it doesn't matter, but that means the news item is wrong, or the very least misleading, as I should not have to pay the bonus out as lump sum for trying to sell the player.

I am trying to sell one of them, but instead he has decided to leave on a Bosman Transfer. So he is seeing out his entire contract with me and will recieve his entire loyalty bonus, but the game is giving the impression that I have to pay £18,000 immediately as if I had sold him before the end of his contract.

To bring this up again. I've got another player who requested a transfer as he wanted to move to a bigger club. I rejected it on principal as it was after he was an unprofessional git in a conversation. Now a club has come with a transfer offer and the game is saying I have to pay the Loyalty Bonus. Surely he forfeits the bonus as soon as he asks for a transfer no matter if I accept that request or not?

• 9 months later...

Where can I view the Loyalty Bonus once the contract is in place?

When I view Contact Information it does not show up . Same in the Transfer Section.

I want to to sell players but have no idea how much it will cost me Loyalty Bonus $

Mind yyou I agree there is a Loyalty Bonus in place but I can never determine who has it or the amount once some time passes.

To bring this up again. I've got another player who requested a transfer as he wanted to move to a bigger club. I rejected it on principal as it was after he was an unprofessional git in a conversation. Now a club has come with a transfer offer and the game is saying I have to pay the Loyalty Bonus. Surely he forfeits the bonus as soon as he asks for a transfer no matter if I accept that request or not?

No. He only loses the bonus if you accept his demand.

Requesting to be transfer listed isn't enough.

You have to agree to it.

The bonus is for the player staying with the club for the entire run of the contract. If you don't agree you are enforcing his loyalty to the club and thus he is still eligible for his loyalty bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. I raised this before but never had an answer. As far as i can tell the loyalty bonus is missing from the contract information for a player and needs adding. The bonus is paid monthly over the duration of the contract i believe - so it will cost you the remaining figure. In future versions it needs to be made clearer what the cost is per month and what it will cost you should you sell the player.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Just to revive this thread a lil bit...

If a player has a loyalty bonus in his contract, as well as a higher club minimum fee release clause, and such a team meets the clause, would he be entitled to the loyalty bonus?

Not too sure on that jonnyrubs but I vaguely remember that happening to one of my players and I didn't pay the remaining loyalty bonus. I offered him a new contract and he decided to go though but I could be wrong on that it's been a long while since it happened and my memorys a bit fuzzy on it.

As to the OP, the loyalty bonus is paid out (monthly I think) over the course of the contract. When a player is leaving you on a bosman and gets approach to signed the game just calculates the remaining months and puts the loyalty thing in automatically as you'll still have him for the last 5/6 months of his contract so he'd still be getting paid it anyway if you get me.

Archived