Been holding back on this but now I'm sick of it

Given that this isn't all over the forums, I can only assume it's not affecting everybody. Nevertheless, something is happening that is getting very annoying now that I'm into my fourth season. Almost EVERY tackle and/or foul seems to require the bloody physio to come onto the pitch! And it's not just my players. It's the opposition's too. It's driving me mad. Why is it happening? I wouldn't care quite so much if it didn't take the physio a week to reach the injured player and then another week for them both to leave the pitch (usually requiring them to walk the greatest possible distance over the pitch).

I know most matches in real life will see the physio enter the field of play maybe once or twice, but this is every other tackle. It's stupid. If this is only happening to me, I'd love to know why. And if it's a common thing, I'd love to know why it wasn't dealt with. Genuinely sick of it. Most of the time the player is fine, and I'm not complaining about the number of actual injuries, which seem about right to me. It's just the incidence of players needing the physio on.

• Administrators

If you have a match example where every other tackle a physio has to come on I'd love to see it. Most I think I've had in a game is no more than five, which really isn't that uncommon in real life.

Neil - I'd probably take back the "every other tackle" comment. I made this thread in the middle of a match and I guess it was the fifth time the physio came on that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now that I've chilled a bit, I'm just saying that I'm finding what feels like a high number of tackles and fouls requiring physio treatment.

I think the thing that's really bothering me is how it disrupts the flow of the game. I know it does exactly that in real life, but I wouldn't mind the actual act of receiving treatment disrupt the flow of the game. It's the age you spend waiting for the physio to reach the player and the age you spend watching them head for a distant byeline when they could easily go off the touchline which is right next to them. Is there a real-life rule I'm missing here? Also, sometimes a player will stay on the pitch after having treatment instead of leaving it and waiting to be called on. That's a separate issue, but it's annoying when a player scores against you or creates a goal when he should have been off the pitch.

I wouldn't care quite so much if it didn't take the physio a week to reach the injured player and then another week for them both to leave the pitch (usually requiring them to walk the greatest possible distance over the pitch).
This is something that i've found annoying for a good few years, physios really need to get off the pitch much quicker, posted in the 'Wish list' thread asking for this a couple of times.

I think the point is more we shouldn't see it at all in the highlights. How often does Match of the Day show us a physio walking on to the pitch, treating a player and then walking back off again?

This is the point that SI should take note of. I use extended highlights, but I'm frankly not keen on watching player and physio walk slowly off the pitch... just skip it. While you're at it, cut down on the slowly walking ref and player from opposite sides of the pitch to hand out a yellow card...

Archived