Great Britain U23

Just got to the end of my first season and have just been offered the the U23 job by Capello for the Olympics. Just wondering if any one else had managed to get the job or which AI manager got the job and how they got on .? sorry if this has been posted before

I applied for the job at the end of the 1st season and got accepted. Started off so well, beating Brazil in the group stages.

Then my squad got ravaged by injuries (you can only select 18 players) and you're not allowed to call up replacements. Had to play my backup goalkeeper at centre back and with had nobody on the subs bench. Go spanked my Spain in he Semi's 4-1.

Winning that gold medal is not as easy as you would think.

I took this on, won it infact. I think if i remember rightly(was a long time ago) I took Beckham, Rooney and Joe Hart. You have to watch out for Brazil, they are very strong, spain are also quite strong, but those are the only two that should be able to cause problems

were you able to select players from wales, scotland and n.ireland? or just english players? because i read in the patchlog that you could not select players from the home nations for the u23 team?!

I definatly had a scottish player in mine - pretty sure i had a welsh one too.

Won it quite easily. Drew the first game with Brazil 3-3 having come back from 0-2 down and then taken a 3-2 lead into stoppage time. Hammered New Zealand and Iraq to top the group. Comfortably beat Cammeroon in the quarters before an extra time 1-0 win against Spain due to a 120th minute Walcott strike and a very good 3-1 win against Uruguay in the final. Shame there's no achievement for it. I gave myself a cap of a minimun 2 players from each country in the squad so my over's were Rooney Fletcher and Evans.

Quit when I won it.

Archived