Manager of the Season...

First of all this is not the first time i have found a flaw with this award or manager of the month. My season just ended and my Eastwood Town side won the Blue Square North by about 12 points with a pre season prediction of 17th and the board are delighted at this unexpected achievement etc etc. So naturally its a given that i will be the stand out candidate for manager of the year considering my vast over achievement with this club. Not so.

So the end of season review news item comes up along with manager of the season etc and I am all ready to give my acceptance speech only to be named the runner up for the award. Steve Cuggy manager of Blyth Spartans wins the award after finishing second in the league and achieving promotion through play offs. Blyth were predicted 11th at the start of the season so i'm not denying that it was a good achievement for them also, only that me winning by 12 or so points is far more worthy of credit.

As i already mentioned i believe that manager of the month is also slightly flawed and it will sometimes award it to managers who have gained less points than me.

First of all this is not the first time i have found a flaw with this award or manager of the month. My season just ended and my Eastwood Town side won the Blue Square North by about 12 points with a pre season prediction of 17th and the board are delighted at this unexpected achievement etc etc. So naturally its a given that i will be the stand out candidate for manager of the year considering my vast over achievement with this club. Not so.

So the end of season review news item comes up along with manager of the season etc and I am all ready to give my acceptance speech only to be named the runner up for the award. Steve Cuggy manager of Blyth Spartans wins the award after finishing second in the league and achieving promotion through play offs. Blyth were predicted 11th at the start of the season so i'm not denying that it was a good achievement for them also, only that me winning by 12 or so points is far more worthy of credit.

As i already mentioned i believe that manager of the month is also slightly flawed and it will sometimes award it to managers who have gained less points than me.

ho many games did you holiday you dont get 'credit' or any 'manager points' for games you holiday

I've had a similar problem with manager of the year too, I won the league and was predicted to come 10th, tamworth were predicted to finish 2nd but ended up 3rd and promoted by play-offs. I just think the managers were all bitter i was runner-up the season before and winner the season before that!

Not got a problem with any of the managers disliking me, actually the opposite as i have good relations with a few of them after positive comments etc.

I think they are all just scum and voted against me because i beat their teams.

Archived