AI Clubs Don't "Pay the Difference" in Wages

Why is it that you sometimes have to pay the difference in salaries for a player who wants to leave, but the same is not true for the AI?

For example, I have a played that hates me. He hands in a transfer request, and since he's not even that good, I accept and try to sell him. It's around 17 August. A club in Croatia wants to buy him. I sell him for 2M and he agrees to the contract they give him. However, his contract is substantially less than what I am paying now. He asks me, "Well, you gotta pay the difference in wages for 4 years, which adds up to 1.6M."

Why does this never happen to the AI? What I mean is, why can't I offer a player who is desperate to leave a lower contract than he already has? Why can't he ask his current club to pay this difference?

Why is it that you sometimes have to pay the difference in salaries for a player who wants to leave, but the same is not true for the AI?

For example, I have a played that hates me. He hands in a transfer request, and since he's not even that good, I accept and try to sell him. It's around 17 August. A club in Croatia wants to buy him. I sell him for 2M and he agrees to the contract they give him. However, his contract is substantially less than what I am paying now. He asks me, "Well, you gotta pay the difference in wages for 4 years, which adds up to 1.6M."

Why does this never happen to the AI? What I mean is, why can't I offer a player who is desperate to leave a lower contract than he already has? Why can't he ask his current club to pay this difference?

He may ask them and they say no? I have had players agree to the terms etc and then pull out later on. This could sometimes be why?

Also, the player may be telling you the minimum he wants to leave his current club, maybe he doesn't want to leave them with them having to keep paying them?

Just taking a stab in the dark though

I have seen this happen once on FM10 as Crewe manager I signed Vela from Arsenal and they paid the difference of around 15k. I did post about it when it happened but cannot find the thread still it can happen but that is the one and only time I have ever seen it.

It's just such a rare thing in the grand scale of things, I mean in like over 20 years of FM2011 (almost 40 if I count both saves) I only saw one single player ask for me to pay part of his wages when he left. So because of this, it's unlikely you'll notice if say two clubs that arent related to yours enter a similar agreement.

It's just such a rare thing in the grand scale of things, I mean in like over 20 years of FM2011 (almost 40 if I count both saves) I only saw one single player ask for me to pay part of his wages when he left. So because of this, it's unlikely you'll notice if say two clubs that arent related to yours enter a similar agreement.

Really? For me it's a regular occurence, probably because i'm ruthless at shifting deadweight when I first join a club. With my most recent manager it happened 5 times in 3 seasons.

I've had it happen a few times on FM for me. The one I remember most was Gary Cahill on FM10 who joined me for £23k a week iirc and was accepting £16k a week from Man United.

Edit: What I have seemed to notice is the only ever time you have the slight chance of it happening for you is if a player is on the transfer list.

Archived