Rate the games difficulty!

Rate the difficulty of FM12.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the difficulty of FM12.

• Too Easy - I can win the PL with Norwich in first season.
    • Just Right - It's a gradual effort to get to the top, results reflect my team.
    • Too Hard - I spent 100M with Man City and still can't win.

I don't know what to say really. I've found this year's version harder than the last couple of years, but every so often I'll have a game that I just sail through and win 4 or 5 to nil.

Perhaps the truth is that it's more variable. I saw one person say that the team talks were always the same, i.e. if you do great praise them, and if you do bad then berrate them to get a good outcome. To be honest I haven't found it that simple. Yes if I win 5-0 and say well done they'll be very happy, or if I lose 5-0 and berrate them they'll be fired up. I almost expect that though. It's the marginal cases where I don't always get a positive outcome. One week I can say go and impress me and my player will get a huge boost, then next week he'll get down in the dumps.

I think, all in all, it's clicking less than it did last year. You know, that moment where you make a change and everything falls in to place. It's not really happening as much.

Of course this might change and the game become easy, but I hope it doesn't. I'm enjoying the challenge much more at the moment.

I went with just right in the end.

I honestly think that FM never really has been that hard once you get to the top. And I have always find it especially easy once you start challenging with a team for Europe in one of the bigger leagues (England, Spain).

Maybe you could argue that this year's newgens are pretty good, so it is maybe easier to aquire good players on the cheap and therefore easier to make it to the top.

But this strategy (buying potential wordlbeaters at a young age) has always worked very well for me on past versions of FM (and CM).

I'm playing Ajax in my first 'adapt-to-the-new-version-first-save' - arguably a pretty good team - and I am dominating my league (starting season 4 tonight), but honestly I think I should as I'd consider myself a FM-veteran (been playing since '99) and Ajax have a very good starting position to dominate the league.

In Europe I have constantly qualified from the Champions League Group Stages, but after that I don't really stand a change against the Barcelona's, Madrid's and Man City/Utd's of this world (yet...). Biggest challenge so far is to keep hold of my promising players and mostly my fullbacks - my chairman has sold 3 of them already behind my back. Still have vd Wiel, who is struggling a bit IRL, but is godly in FM (certainly for the Eredivisie).

Conclusion: Never been that hard (managing in top leagues) and I don't think FM12 is that much easier than past versions (maybe slightly because of newgen-quality), and an important sidenote: I'm enjoying myself!

The game rewards right decisions - tactical choices -tones and team talks. In that sense its quite good to learn how to manipulate things. Once things become well oiled it becomes very fun to win and play.

As with every release, I feel difficilty is gauged by who you choose to play with. Should anybody really struggle to play with Barcelona? We all know their players, how they like to play and so on.

Im with Plymouth and media prediction 14th. 13 games to go and in top 3 challenging for title. Is the game easy to get to the top, cant really comment until played another season. However I didnt expect a team of loans and freebies to be challenging at the top of League 2, but it does happen. Im reserving judgement until Ive played a few season, my initial reaction is yes it is too easy but am prepared to see what happens in my game. The only problem is I have been taken over by a tycoon who hasnt invested anything for transfers/wages budgets as yet, however next season may be different and may make my game easier than it should be as I may have a large transfer budget

Archived