Football-MicroManagement 2012

welldoit.PNG

Eh set his training to focus on composure then?

Loads of these little things come up often enough. I've hired coaches and assistant manager.

Why come to me with this? Great he's improving. I appreciate the feedback.

But you're the coaches and the Ass Man... set him to work on Composure yourself? Why does it have to involve me?

I hired you's to do the job of developing this player... just do it.

The End.

Another one.

X Player has a cold. Send to Physio or Send Home.

Send to Physio... <This could lead to him infecting others>

Send home... <are you sure?>

If a player is sick send the guy home. Why come to me. Just say he's off sick.

Thanks World Class Physio!

Another one.

You can ignore this one and he will send him home.

Another one.

I presume the argument is if you have a big game in 2 days, and there's a chance he may be fit if he stays at the training ground (at the risk of others catching it), then at least you have the choice of deciding whether to risk it or not. Personally, I would like an 'Always do this' option for this sort of thing, kind of like we have the 'Don't show this again'. I always add my scouts highly reommended players to a shortlist, so it would be cool if this sort of thing could be automated as well.

General rules of most companies is "if you're sick and it's contagious don't come in".

Yes say "X player has the flu and will not train today"

<make him train anyway>

<send him get well flowers>

If you've got a big game coming up. There's no way you want a sick person around your team.

Is it me or once did we have the option to have the AssMan handle training? I used to like this feature as I was too lazy to do it myself.

I would prefer to have a hybrid situation, the AssMan handles it all himself but when I want something specific done I can intervene and get it done... Then I can macro-micromanage as and when I feel I need to break from macromanagement and micromanage as needed :D

Had this same issue with scouting last year. Ok it's been rectified somewhat this year. Basically you sign a scout and then had to lead them by hand to where to scout. This year it's been upped, they arrive with a shortlist, begin scouting their known regions etc. Great.

I have to constantly go into training and coaches and tell them "no you do shooting" "you do ball control"

Come back a few days later there's 2 doing ball control etc.

But this leaves 3 stars for ball control. And I've already Micro-Managed them into groups that each category has at least 4 stars.

Why am I going back to fix this constantly?

These are both examples of where refinements could be made, IMO. I'd liket o be able to default the "infectious disease" response to "send him home" so I just get a notification of it like I would any other injury.

The training one is annoying. If you're saying you think he should work on Composure then add it as a button there and then. Don't make me go to his training screen, select a focus and then scroll down until I find what I'm looking for. Also, maybe tell me what his Composure attribute is at the moment?

These are both examples of where refinements could be made, IMO. I'd liket o be able to default the "infectious disease" response to "send him home" so I just get a notification of it like I would any other injury.

The training one is annoying. If you're saying you think he should work on Composure then add it as a button there and then. Don't make me go to his training screen, select a focus and then scroll down until I find what I'm looking for. Also, maybe tell me what his Composure attribute is at the moment?

Exactly.

This comes down to the coaching skills. And it would make it more reflective of how the coaches affect development. Bad youth coaches might not pick up on this. Good coaches would.

You really shouldn't have to micro-manage world class coaches or physios.

Maybe at a lower level, yeh, you need to do it. But world class coaches should be able to work on their own.

I don't know. I turn the game off after getting angry at these messages.

I only play the weekends. But so annoyed by the constant hand holding. 3rd season in Germany.

The UI is a complete pita. And as someone said if the coaches say "he needs to work on composure" make it an option there on the screen to ok it.

There's so many of these damn things it really annoys me. The UI, despite it's improvements, absolutely sucks.

welldoit.PNG

Eh set his training to focus on composure then?

Loads of these little things come up often enough. I've hired coaches and assistant manager.

Why come to me with this? Great he's improving. I appreciate the feedback.

But you're the coaches and the Ass Man... set him to work on Composure yourself? Why does it have to involve me?

I hired you's to do the job of developing this player... just do it.

The End.

Actually I don't agree. As the manager you should make the decisions; the assistant assists you by providing the information. I wish he'd ask about mtch prep for reserves and U18s instead of going against my wishes.

In this case my assman tells me about the training progress of my youths and recommends a variety of technical individual training. I over rule him and opt for strength or stamina training in all cases.

You hire youth coaches to train the players. I shouldn't have to micro-manage the training. They're world class trainers. Why come to me? Just get on with it.

If they recommend he works on composure - throw up a "Confirm"

Throw up his stats for whatever they are working on like "composure".

In fact, just get the job done for what they were hired to do. Part of which is to keep me informed on how they are doing not ask me to trawl through screens to find the right training regime!

Put the damn thing there in my face so I can click it and move on.

Archived