Can you retrain players to become Natural in a certain position in FM2012?

I didn't think you could train a player to be natural? Surely if he is natural at a position it comes naturally? I though the highest you could retrain a player in a position was accomplished.

I agree with this. It should just be common sense that a new position can never become a "natural" position for any player.

i think over time, if they play that position constantly, it becomes their natural position if they're already accomplished and what not. but it takes quite a while. i could be wrong, but i doubt it :p but seriously, i could be wrong.

I agree with this. It should just be common sense that a new position can never become a "natural" position for any player.

look at the progression over time of a few players.

a few years ago, steven gerrard was a natural CM/DM. now he's a natural AMC but accomplished in CM and competent DM. Dirk Kuyt was a natural striker, now he's an accomplished striker but a natural AMR... so on, so forth.

Sol Campbell started out as a striker, Bale was a left-back and last year he tore up some of Europe's best defences at left midfield

Evra was also a striker. If a player starts playing a new position and then only plays that position from that point on, why can't he become natural in that position? Especially if he spends years at it.

As for the original question, FM12 just came out. You won't know until you try.

I can confirm you can indeed train players to be natural in a postion they weren't before, even one they have absolutely no knowledge of (DC to MC). The higher their versatility rating the easier it should be to achieve this. I've noticed some players take 2 years and some are never able to fully master that position (like in my case a left footed full back was never able to be natural in DR position even tho he started with acomplished).

Another thing I've noticed is that if you stop position training players who achieved natural they will drop back to acomplished, which doesn't really make sense.

It annoys me that you have to keep training them (and keep playing them?) in the new position to keep it Natural, but I'm surprised that people are surprised that this is possible. Often it's the best way to make lemonade with the regen lemons you are given. Some of my best LB/RBs were 'born' DMs.

Archived