red cards...how to punish

I find it very hard to judge what to do / how to treat a player if given a straight red card. guess a lot of people would warn or fine the player but in my last game the commentary said my team "cannot believe its a sending off" and i dont know what action to take. if it was an elbow or something then yes...fine...but how are you supposedto know what actionto take and when to appeal etc? Its a wonderkid i raised as is simply amazing! a 20yo DC with marking of 20 and great attributes but bit wild (missed training after night ouut once). when i warned him after missing training he thought he was beign treated unfairly!? so reluctant to fine or warn him for something that wasnt meant to be a red incase he gets upset again.

I find it very hard to judge what to do / how to treat a player if given a straight red card. guess a lot of people would warn or fine the player but in my last game the commentary said my team "cannot believe its a sending off" and i dont know what action to take. if it was an elbow or something then yes...fine...but how are you supposedto know what actionto take and when to appeal etc? Its a wonderkid i raised as is simply amazing! a 20yo DC with marking of 20 and great attributes but bit wild (missed training after night ouut once). when i warned him after missing training he thought he was beign treated unfairly!? so reluctant to fine or warn him for something that wasnt meant to be a red incase he gets upset again.

In case I feel that player acted stupidly (e.g. kicked opposition player and received straight red) I usually either warn or fine him. (To be honest, it also depends wether I lose or win this game icon_biggrin.gif), but in case I've set the players tackling to "hard" and he's following my orders I think it's not fair to punish him even if his willing to accept it.

in this case it was last man brought down ...so he might have accidentily tripped him...but its very hard to tell via the dots on the pitch lol. commentary did seem to indicate team were agnry but isnt this normal. and my useless assist manger "didnt see the incident"...HOW?! lol just seems very hard to judge severity

I never appeal. Here's what I do, regardless of commentary or my players thoughts.

Straight red (violent conduct) = Two weeks wages fined

Straight red (no mention of violence) = Warning if it's the first time under my reign at the club, one weeks wages fined otherwise.

Two yellows = no action.

I never appeal either, but in regards to punishment I review the match report to see what it was. A second yellow for a late tackle or something innocuous, I do nothing. Straight red for a bad tackle I just warn them. Violent conduct such as punching or kicking an opponent is 2 weeks fine.

Watch your discipline rating skyrocket.

Here is how I do it.

One check the match report, if the commentators seem to think it was unfair, then appeal OR take no action against your player.

If it did seem a fair sending off then you need to take action against the player. Look at his aggression stat, if it is high and you want to lower it, then fine him.

Has the player received more than his share of yellows and reds in as season? If the answer is yes, then Fine him as his hidden dirtiness stat is probably high.

If a player has few cards and a low aggression stat I just warn the player.

Seems t work for me, I have only had 2 red cards in a season and a half, one of those was a second yellow.

Keep in mind that none of my players are set to tackling hard as standard. I only use hard tackling from the opposition instructions if one of the opposition is not particularly brave or has low condition.

If unfair - Appeal

Fair red card, but first time - Warning

Fair red card, but second time - Fine one weeks wages

Fair red card, third - fifth time - Two weeks

6th red card onwards - fine two weeks wages, then transfer list them (no one is too big for the club!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I never appeal. Here's what I do, regardless of commentary or my players thoughts.

Straight red (violent conduct) = Two weeks wages fined

Straight red (no mention of violence) = Warning if it's the first time under my reign at the club, one weeks wages fined otherwise.

Two yellows = no action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am similar to this, but a step harsher.

Violent = Two weeks, no question.

Straight red = One week

Two Yellows = Warning

Though I play a very clean game and am consistently the least-carded team in the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCIAG:

I just fine 2 weeks wages every time, four weeks if it's violent (i.e. 2 weeks for dismissal and 2 weeks for violent conduct). I have only had 1 red in 3 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats a bit extreme really.

Archived