FM - Do you keep it in the family?

Just wondering if any of you have other family members who play FM?

Personally, me and my two brothers have been playing CM/FM for the last 10 years and its always one of the main topics of conversation, even today.

We went through the loft at our step-dads a few months ago and found loads of old notebooks ( stolen from school by the looks of it :lol: ) full of things we had written down during our games. Formations, players needed etc. and it brought back some brilliant memories.

Id actually say CM/FM (CM01/02 especially) is one of the reasons we get on so well, after spending so long playing the games together.

Anybody else have anything similar to share?

I'm currently in the process of getting my younger brother into the game, he has a save game on my FM11 on my laptop. Annoyingly, he is better at it than me. In his first season, he won the Champions League with Chelsea. Jammy little so and so. Furthest I ever got with Arsenal was the semis. Hopefully he will become an addict like me and buy his own copy so we can play a network game.

Me and my Bro have been playing ridiculously competitive games for the last 11 years or so. Our best one has got to be our most recent on FM2011. He started as Ipswich and I was Swansea. End of 1st season he finished 3rd I finished 5th - beat him in the playoff finals 3-2 aet. Too say I was chuffed is a bit of an understatement and took great pleasure in rubbing his face in it (especially when on the opening day of the premier league season I was away to Man United and he was away at Hull!

As our careers spanned we got to season 8 where he had moved on to Everton and was doing very well picking up 2 consecutive FA Cups and a Uefa Cup Final which he lost on pens!! I left Swansea after 5 seasons and established them in the PL even losing the Carling Cup Final to Arsenal to a last minute Fabregas goal!!! I then left to join Arsenal and won the league in seasons 6 and 8 and lost in the Carling Cup Final to, yep you guessed it, my brother 4-2.

Great save and the banter flying between us is great.

Looking forward to this weeks release!

I have no siblings, my dad is informatically impaired and doesn't like football at all.

My cousin used to play some random PC Futbol games with me, but it was shortlived and casual... He wasn't and isn't a huge football fan, so it was more a matter of "we don't have other multiplayer videogames" than of "I love football management games".

My other cousins aren't into football.

My old GFs weren't football fans and even if they were I wouldn't have thought about introducing them to FM.

Not even my football-crazy friends are into FM, being of the "I want to play, not to manage" school of thought.

My old GFs weren't football fans and even if they were I wouldn't have thought about introducing them to FM.

Not even my football-crazy friends are into FM, being of the "I want to play, not to manage" school of thought.

These two... Attempting to get my father involved, though he finds it a bit confusing...

I've showed my 9 year old daughter the game(Much to the exasperation of the missus) and she started a save on the demo. She loves soccer (as they call it over here) and she spent about 5 hrs on it. It was fun while it lasted, but as 9 year olds do, she had a tantrum when she lost a game and hasn't played since :D

Archived