How to get the demo in Germany?

I know and have read that German users cannot download the demo via Steam.

My question is, is there any other legal (!) way to obtain the demo when being in Germany? I hope that SI are happy to allow their community to share for free what they give for free, right? Or doesn't it work for tings downloaded from Steam?

Who can help me?

Cheers :)

The game can't legally be distributed in germany.

For the actual game, buy it elsewhere and have it posted there.

For the demo, cross the border. Or convince steam you are across the border via a proxy or something.

I dont think there is. Due to legal reasons, there isnt a demo in certain countries, and Germany is one of them.

I was and am hoping that there is a difference between publishing the demo for free in a place as the publisher of a thing or sharing freeware around between private persons which are not affected by the licesing issue in Germany.

Or in essence, I'm sure that SI are happy if we share the demo as much as possible as that's its purpose. At the same time I sincerely hope they wouldn't legally go after anyone who hosts it, just because that the site has no area control system in place.

Careful with this one. It's a fast-track to getting your entire Steam account banned.
Surely it'd only be at risk if you used it to get cheaper games, rather than to download a demo?

Hell, set up a second, new steam account for the demo. :p

When I'm in Norway for Christmas I always make sure I have logmein running on my machine back home. If the new year sales are better value in euros i buy the game in euros, if not I remotely log in to my home machine and buy them from there. Never had any trouble with it at all. I'm entitled to remotely control my PC.

It is a shame, living in germany but being from abroad it is a pain.

Also, i have a lot of German friends, who would be hooked if they would be able to buy it here etc.

its not about the WHOLE GAME that doesnt work. Its just about the DEMO which doesnt work in germany for its FREE and I understand that. if you BUY the game somewhere else you CAN activate it FROM germany. Guys - READ !!! Its been posted soo often here !

@ Stampler, I KNOW.

But I do have a lot of German friends, who do not see the game in stores etc, because of the legal issues. They also can not down the demo now.

So they have to pay immediately the full game somewhere else, to find out if its better than Fifa etc.

Sorry but this is going too near the knuckle at times, please discuss this privately:)

The situation is as already stated, you can't download the demo in Germany and although you can't buy FM in Germany you can buy it elsewhere then activate it.

Archived