Game stuck, cant register enough home grown players for Euro League

Hi everybody,

i am desperate, after taking my home club from 4th to 1st division and into the Euro League in the first season, i cant register enough homegrown players and therefore cant continue my game.

That doesnt make the most sense though, i should be able to forfeit my qualification or get a fine or something. But that i cant continue my game is total rubbish.

Does anybody have an idea that makes sense and helps me?

Thanks a lot everybody.

thanks for the quick answers...i started a save game 2 weeks before and tried to sign as many players trained in germany as possible. i also tried before to leave the spots open, the problem is, that i dont have ANY german players in my squad but in the u19 and they are all not long enough at the club. well, it was hard to get my team promoted all the time without money, so i had to rely on cheaper foreign talent :-)

i will try the holiday thing though, it sounds as if it could work. thanks a lot m8!

DON'T do the holiday thing, your assistant then chooses the squad and can leave key players out. Do as Scab says and leave gaps in your squad, (ie) if you have 6 instead of 8 HG players, then register a squad of 23 instead of 25.

If they are u-21 they don't need to be registered - the rules are in the bottom of the screen. Just register 15 (or 16 can't remember) and you are good to go. But of course - if you only have foreigners older than 21 in your squad then you can't register more than 17 players.

i tried it with leaving spots open, it always tells me to get at least 8 players who have been trained in germany for 3 years and 4 players which have been trained for 3 years at my club. i simply dont have those players at my club. so there is no point leavin spots open. i left spots open, then it told me to at least register 15 players. so that thing doesnt work. still waiting now for my save game to get to the date in 10 days, then i prolly have to try the holiday thing.

If you want to register the max of 25 players then you need to meet the rules given. But for every player less than the max of 25 players you register the number of players which have been trained at club/in nation goes down as well. So if you have no players to meet the rules of registration then you need to register 8 players less than the maximum of 25 - that is 17.

If you need 8 players and have 2 you need to leave 6 open spots, it works for everyone else so don't know how it doesn't work for you. If you can't fix it like that you can always holiday the day awan and your assistant (help you God) will handle the registration for you.

Just reigister 17 players, that leaves enough spaces even if you got 0 home grown players.

thanks a lot for all suggestions! :-) somehow it did not work with the 15-17 players and leaving the rest open. but it worked with the holiday option. well now i have to see what my assistant did, but all that mattered for me was not to loose my save game, after putting so many days into it :-)

again thanks a lot everybody! great to have such a helpful community :-)

It sounds really strange that you can't register players given the rules. May I suggest you report it as a bug and upload the save (a save prior to the registration). I'm quite sure if this is a bug, then it's something SI definitely doesn't want in FM12.

I'm sure it says in game that if you can't register the full squad then leave space.

The game tells you to register between fifteen and 25 players, so it's basically pretty clear. But it caused me to panic many moons ago before I thought about it.

i tried it with leaving spots open, it always tells me to get at least 8 players who have been trained in germany for 3 years and 4 players which have been trained for 3 years at my club. i simply dont have those players at my club. so there is no point leavin spots open. i left spots open, then it told me to at least register 15 players. so that thing doesnt work. still waiting now for my save game to get to the date in 10 days, then i prolly have to try the holiday thing.

You need to register 15 mate, but if you have no HG players then you can register no more than 17, like I said earlier it's best not to do the holidaying trick, as it often ends in tears.

EDIT: Just realised you said it wouldn't let you do the 15-17 player thing, don't know why to be honest, it should have done and has done everytime I have needed to leave spaces open.

You need to register 15 mate, but if you have no HG players then you can register no more than 17, like I said earlier it's best not to do the holidaying trick, as it often ends in tears.

EDIT: Just realised you said it wouldn't let you do the 15-17 player thing, don't know why to be honest, it should have done and has done everytime I have needed to leave spaces open.

It appears he left 12 spaces empty (post #16).

Archived