UEFA's Financial Fair Play Regulations

In May 2010, the UEFA Executive Committee approved a number of rules regarding financial fair play which have a phased implementation over three years – 2010, 2011 and 2012.

I wonder if these rules are going to be applied on FM 2012 or only in 2013.

More information about this can be found here:

Financial fair play explained

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/financialfairplay/news/newsid=1494481.html#financial+fair+play+explained

UEFA Club Licensing and Fair Play Regulations

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

It would be a nice change for once. I'm on my 13th season and every season english clubs spend millions on new players. Man city for example spends around 80M per season and only gets around 20M by selling players.

And by the way, are the english league final position money prizes really like that in reality?

Meaning, if you finish 1st place you get around 18M €, 2nd place 17M € but for example if i win the portuguese league instead i only get 1,2M and if i finish in 2nd place i get nothing... that's depressing.

I heard Miles say there was no need to add in these rules as the things they are there to prevent are not possible in the FM universe anyway. Although that may have been applicable to only one phase of the rules, the 2011 and 2012 phases may need adding but I don't know

It would be a nice change for once. I'm on my 13th season and every season english clubs spend millions on new players. Man city for example spends around 80M per season and only gets around 20M by selling players.

And by the way, are the english league final position money prizes really like that in reality?

Meaning, if you finish 1st place you get around 18M €, 2nd place 17M € but for example if i win the portuguese league instead i only get 1,2M and if i finish in 2nd place i get nothing... that's depressing.

I'm not sure exactly how much each team gets per its final position, but to give you a guide, the team that finishes BOTTOM gets around £30M but this includes TV money. So you can imagine how much the champions get !

Relegated teams also get £16M the following season, another £16M the season after, followed by £8M the season after that, and one last payment of £8M the season after that ! (unless they get promoted back to the EPL in that time, in which case any 'parachute' payments due are shared between the rest of the lower football league.). :eek:

I'm not sure exactly how much each team gets per its final position, but to give you a guide, the team that finishes BOTTOM gets around £30M but this includes TV money. So you can imagine how much the champions get !

Relegated teams also get £16M the following season, another £16M the season after, followed by £8M the season after that, and one last payment of £8M the season after that ! (unless they get promoted back to the EPL in that time, in which case any 'parachute' payments due are shared between the rest of the lower football league.). :eek:

So what happens if a club gets promoted to the EPL, get's relegated first season, gets promoted next season and relegated the next season again? Do the parachute payments "restart" ? i.e. club gets 16m in the first season after relegation but get promoted that year, the next year the 16m will be shared... but what happens then? Do they only get 8m in season 4 or will it be 16m with the original 8m shared with the rest of the league?

So what happens if a club gets promoted to the EPL, get's relegated first season, gets promoted next season and relegated the next season again? Do the parachute payments "restart" ? i.e. club gets 16m in the first season after relegation but get promoted that year, the next year the 16m will be shared... but what happens then? Do they only get 8m in season 4 or will it be 16m with the original 8m shared with the rest of the league?

Yes, if they're relegated-promoted-relegated, the payments restart at £16m.

They only get all the parachute payments if they're in the Championship and remain in the Championship. If they get promoted, they don't receive whatever parachute payment they were due that season or the following seasons, all that remaining money is shared between the other clubs in the Championship and lower leagues.

The parachute payment is £48m set aside for relegated EPL clubs to help make the transisition from the EPL to the Championship manageable, and is paid over a 4 year period (unless they get promoted). If it wasn't for parachute payments, most relegated EPL clubs would go into administration and probably fold due to the debts EPL clubs get themseleves into whilst in the Premiership. Despite the astronomical TV money and prize money they get most clubs in the EPL are in serious debt, its scandelous they're allowed to compete and buy players while owing so much money to the banks. Hopefully the fair play regulations will curb the spending and get it all back under control.

All I'll say is don't hold your breath. It's hardly likely that spending will be curbed when player's salaries are reaching astronomical (and obscene) proportions, they can only ever go upwards as nobody is going to want less... take whatsisface to the Russian Oligarch's on 325 grand a week just for kicking a ball better than most...

The game will eventually implode on itself, it's not a question of if, simply when...

the man city owners have said their not worried about the ruling as they've had their lawyers look into it and can get round it by loaning the club say £300mill and then as long the club are seen to be paying it back (i.e. £1 a week) then it doesnt matter. also ways like selling the stadium name rights.

the man city owners have said their not worried about the ruling as they've had their lawyers look into it and can get round it by loaning the club say £300mill and then as long the club are seen to be paying it back (i.e. £1 a week) then it doesnt matter. also ways like selling the stadium name rights.

Do you have a source? I'm 99% sure they have never said that.

Archived