Fm, why do you not let me win against big teams?!

Started a new game few days ago as Real Sociedad manager. Its January, im sitting right after top 4 and playing Real Madrid away. Went 1:0 up and this happens..

[video=youtube;Dh4oBgko3HA]

right after that i got a corner which ended up being passed by my own defender to Higuain who obv scored from 1-1 situation. Lost 2:1 eventually.

I've noticed this before as i played with Newcastle against ManU, Chelsea, City etc and they ended up scoring most ridiculous goals ever and i wasnt able to get into the top 4. How do you break down big teams if you are managing possible relegation battlers?

Had to edit the title of your thread as text speak is not allowed on the forums and will result in less replies.

These things happen but eventually you will make your team bigger and better. A lot of people will say to play counter or defensive against the bigger sides but I attack them as much as if I was playing a relegation bound team.

I have seen worse braindead keepers than that. They stop for no reason at the edge of their 16m-line and stay there even though they would have been the first to the ball by a clear margin.

And don't come with that "it's your keeper instructions" bs, as it should be impossible to instruct your goalkeeper to not do his job.

I hope gk's are better programmed in FM12.

Im not saying that it was a goalkeepers mistake, its most obv offside and that is what made me angry.

It is annoying I understand that and it annoys me when it happens but I would bet that this sort of thing happens in the users favour just as much as it goes against us.

I read somewhere the other day that Arsenal would have finished 2nd and Blackpool and Birmingham would have stayed up if decisions were 100% correct so its obviously a huge part of the game, which SI has sought to replicate.

Started a new game few days ago as Real Sociedad manager. Its January, im sitting right after top 4 and playing Real Madrid away. Went 1:0 up and this happens..

That doesn't happen enough in my opinion. There should be 1 or 2 dodgy descions like that in every game. Its these incidents fans look back on and ask "what if?..."

Referees in FM are too good, a few more bad calls would make the game a whole lot more interesting, but would also lead to people complaining on here about them too!

Not sure what the answer is, maybe an option in preferences? Perfect Referees: on/off? :D

Archived