Manager Knowledge

Hi,

Really like if someone could explain this to me.

I'm current in my eleventh season with Benfica. Apart from my club job i also manage France (2 years), Netherlands (2 years) and Brazil (one year).

As i check my knowledge levels, this is what ot shows:

- Portugal (full bar)

- Brazil (3/4 of the bar)

In the past i also had half a bar in France and Netherland, but lost it.

I found this very unrealistic. I mean, i current have a World Class reputation. I've won 45 titles (includind 6 Champions League), every year i play game in europe... and the only knowledge i have is in Portugal and Brazil? Common!!??

And for example, when i compare myself with other managers:

Ancelotti: knowledge in 21 countries

André Vilas Boas: Knowledge in 18 Countries

Mancini: Knowledge in 19 Countries

And none of them work (in my save) in more then 2 contries.

It's pretty obvious that AI managers dont need to work in country X to gain knowledge in that country. So why Human managers do?

There should be a different system for human managers gain a country knowledge. And this is particulary important, because having knowledge in country X it's one key factor if you want to work there.

I've also noticed the manager knowledge acting a bit strangely.

This is my profile.

As you can see, I have knowledge of Sweden, from a one month stint thirteen years ago :D

I spent six years managing in Italy (leaving eleven years ago), that knowledge has all disappeared :(

I agree that the loss (or lack of loss) of knowledge should be the same for human managers and those originally in the database.

Yeah,

Looking at your profile... 80 yo manager... World Class... and the you only have knowledge in 4 countries! LOL

for example, i think that the knowledge should increase with your reputation. for example, a manager from europe... with a world classe reputatin, should have, automatically, knowledge in the top countries (england, spain, italy, france, germany, holand...)

Looking at your profile... 80 yo manager... World Class... and the you only have knowledge in 4 countries! LOL

Two of those were there from the start (England/Wales), the Sweden knowledge is a mystery and the Argentinian knowledge is from my current job.

Doesn't really seem right for someone who has also managed clubs in Spain (8 years), Germany (7 years), Italy (6 years) and Brazil (3 years) :(

Two of those were there from the start (England/Wales), the Sweden knowledge is a mystery and the Argentinian knowledge is from my current job.

Doesn't really seem right for someone who has also managed clubs in Spain (8 years), Germany (7 years), Italy (6 years) and Brazil (3 years) :(

It seems very realistic to me. C'mon, you are 80 years old - you've probably also forgotten where you'd put your fake teeth...

;)

Manager knowledge comes from players/managers/staff who either list the manager as favoured personnel or are his favoured personnel. Back in FM09 pre-9.2 (I think) if a manager/player listed you as "favoured personnel" you got knowledge of his nationality. After 9.2 this disappeared, sadly :(I want it back!!

I had Moyesey, Rafa and Sparky (among others) who listed me as favoured personnel and my profile had their nationalities knowledge bars (and the tooltip when hovering over each gave the name of the person who gave you the knowledge). It upset me when I updated the game and lost my knowledge bars (I had knowledge of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Brazil, Spain, France, Nigeria and Italy)

Archived