Leave Blackburn and go to Shakhtar or Stay?

I started a save as Blackburn and loaded a few other countries if I ever fancied leaving. First season I finished 7th and won the league cup. In the second season I managed to get Kaka on loan and he was awesome and helped our team finish in 2nd place although 8 points behind first. Trouble is he will not sign for us on a transfer and when I filter unrealistic players my choices is not that brilliant and without Kaka there is not way we can challenge to finish any higher and will struggle to get into the top four again.

Out of the blue Shakhtar offered me a job with a £45 million transfer budget so now I am undecided on leaving or staying as I did not plan to stay at Blackburn for more than five seasons.

I am sure there used to be a thread for this kind of question on FM10 but cannot find one for FM11.

In that position on the basis I could handle the foreign rules in Shakhtar (which I hate) I would leave and make the Ukrainian league the best and Shakhtar the biggest club in Europe, that's just me though.

I love Shakhtar's squad as well, the likes of Willian and Jadson, just class.

This is probably the hardest decision I have had usually I know in an instant if I will reject or accept and leave. I think the thing pushing me to leave is that Thiago or Stephen Ireland will have to play the Kaka role and obviously that is a step down in quality.

I'd say leave Bl***burn!

Mind you, I would have told you to avoid managing them in the first place! :D

I wondered how long that sort of comment would take to appear lol.

Think I will be staying I saved and continued for a week as Blackburn and have made some good signings for the upcoming season.

I'd say stay. Too often I've built the foundations for domination with a previously unfancied side and then jumped ship too early. It will be way more satisfying seeing you and Blackburn's status in the footballing world grow and then see the number of players who want to play for you. Don't go!

I wondered how long that sort of comment would take to appear lol.

Think I will be staying I saved and continued for a week as Blackburn and have made some good signings for the upcoming season.

haha sorry.

I'd normally say stay. I find it's good to stay at a club for a while and bring your own sucess there, I get a good feeling of achievement from doing so.

If it was any other team I'd say stay, but as it's Bl***burn, I say leave leave LEAVE! lol.

I'd stay acid as i've managed shaktar before and they were way stronger then all other teams in there league or so it seemed think i won league by 14 points in end and was averaging 3 goals a game, in saying that i struggled in champions league :)

I started a save as Blackburn and loaded a few other countries if I ever fancied leaving. First season I finished 7th and won the league cup. In the second season I managed to get Kaka on loan and he was awesome and helped our team finish in 2nd place although 8 points behind first. Trouble is he will not sign for us on a transfer and when I filter unrealistic players my choices is not that brilliant and without Kaka there is not way we can challenge to finish any higher and will struggle to get into the top four again.

Out of the blue Shakhtar offered me a job with a £45 million transfer budget so now I am undecided on leaving or staying as I did not plan to stay at Blackburn for more than five seasons.

I am sure there used to be a thread for this kind of question on FM10 but cannot find one for FM11.

I have had similar issues before when Shakhtar came knocking. I left my Middlesbrough side and joined them with a budget of £115m to spend. The league is NOT that competitive with only Dynamo Kiev and Dnipro offering any opposition, I stayed for 5 seasons and won the double each and every year, I found it easy and enjoyable. Europe however is a different matter. Because Ukraine has foreign restrictions which are quite high so you need to keep an eye on how many you actually buy I struggled to get past the Quarter-finals stage of the Champions League, and I became obsessed, in an Alex Ferguson kind of way, with winning it and always came up short. I could afford pretty much ANY player from around the world, but with this being FM10 the league rep never increased and so I could never entice the top players to me, it may be different in FM11 and I would certainly suggest you give it a go. Although I feel staying at Blackburn and winning the League would probably be a bigger achievement then anything you would achieve with Shakhtar.

Archived