My parent club is in lower league than myself!

So I started an epic game with Welling United. Right from the start I had Charlton as my Parent club, and the deal says "The partnership between the clubs is a long-term deal." That meant that I couldn't cancel the link even if I wanted to, which I wasn't happy about because they never were that useful for me. Anyway, I eventually got promoted to League One - the same league where they are at - but still couldn't cancel the link. Now I'm at Championship and they are still at League One - and I STILL can't cancel the link! How can I have a Parent Club who are in a lower league than myself?? And just exactly HOW long is this "long-term deal" that it says? Forever? Will I have a League One club as my "parent club" even if I progress to be a Premierleague club playing in Champions League etc? This is just silly. Now I'm a very poor Championship club (my stadium is still only 5200 capacity) with no money to spend, so I really could use a Premierleague club as a parent club in order to arrange friendly, get a bit of money and maybe loan some players. But I can't do that as I'm stuck with my "long-term deal" with Charlton. Is this a bug? Am I to be stuck with them forever?

Edit: I now decided that the situation is completely unrealistic and either a bug or just a design flaw, so I installe FMTRE which, thank god, allowed me to remove that affiliation with them. Wish I wouldn't be forced to use such an editor though. :p

Edit 2: For some reason I still can't ask my board to look for another Parent club though... I guess the problem didn't go away completely after all...

I thought you couldn't be in the same league as an affiliated club? I would have thought that when you were both in League 1, the link would have automatically been cancelled.

Bug perhaps?

Actually in Holland for example clubs are allowed to be in the same league, so i love the fact that they now don't get cancelled... (and hope it stays that way, was quite annoying in the past when links got cancelled). However if its not allowed in England then thers indeed a bug in this case.

Actually in Holland for example clubs are allowed to be in the same league, so i love the fact that they now don't get cancelled... (and hope it stays that way, was quite annoying in the past when links got cancelled). However if its not allowed in England then thers indeed a bug in this case.

Maybe the board will cancel the link when you get to the Premier League. (how's that for double barrelled positive thinking)

When I was in the Dutch Div 1 I had a second division German team as a parent club. They sent me two youngsters who couldn't get into my reserves. It was weird but after a couple of seasons the board canceled the agreement.

The reason must be reputation (it usually is) which lags behind if you get rapid promotions.

I got a news item about a former club ending a partnership because the parent club had been relegated to their division (that actually being the stated reason) so probably to do with terms or a bug.

Such arrangements where loan deals are part of the arrangement are not allowed in England full stop so the game has not been right in this instance since it was initially put in.

Archived